Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
What did you eat last night? How disciplined were you?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:27 am
I drank gatorade and ate a bagel and tuna and a slice of cheese.
Then I had a decaf coffee with a slice of cinamon kokosh cake.
I also drank water and more gatorade.

An hour later, I was hungry and cold so I had another decaf and another slice of cake.

An hour after that my neighbor sent over fresh cinnamon buns, straight out of her oven so I had two.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:33 am
there are two times I say eat whatever the heck you need to: pre/post fast, and pregnancy

I broke on a roll, a date, a handful of pumpkin seeds, and two rice crispy treats.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 10:51 am
Was planning on chicken soup but ate pasta instead. And a bunch of other stuff.

But my best decision was having different drinks at the same time. So I had a cup or two of water, then a couple of cups of coconut water, and then a couple of cups of warm peppermint tea. So much easier than trying to have 6 cups of water in a row. Must remember for next year and maybe have apple juice available as well.

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:21 am
Half a piece of leftover fish from Shabbat, a bit of cheese, a sourdough Wasa cracker, a few grapes, and lots of water.

Later: A half serving of meuslix with milk.

I davka crave nutritious food after a fast, not junk food.

I didn't sleep well last night because I kept getting up to drink water and/or pee.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:26 am
I have a hard time eating after a fast. one of the rare times I have a hard time eating Wink

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 2:06 pm
Half a package of dates and some oatmeal squares! (I'm nursing. Gotta get that milk flowin'!) And then a whole buncha ice cream.

giselle

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 2:13 pm
Eat whatever you want, but please don’t drink alcohol after a fast.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 2:15 pm
I had whole grain bread with cheese and fruit

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:15 pm
I pretty much are what I usually do after my 23.5 hour fasts. I ate moderately until satiated.

Salmon, mushroom in cream sauce, 2 hand made almond crackers( I guess that qualifies as treat because not normal for me to eat that daily, a couple of slices of smoked salmon/cream cheese, 2 cups of coffee with cream, and I don’t recall if I had vegetables. If I did it was green beans. I had a few pecans and pine nuts. My husband made zucchini fauxagna and I had one bite and was done with that. Delicious but I was done.

pizza4

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:08 pm
I tried to eat mindfully and carefully but there was so much food around that smelled yum.
Started with water and fruit, went on to oatmeal cookies and piece of kokosh cake. Then an hour later a seuda of challah, teriyaki salmon, chicken soup with kreplech. Then I was done, skipped chicken and carrots.
I did pretty well I think.
Lately I'm eating way too much cake and cookies which is funny cuz I've always been more of a chips kind of girl.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:12 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I pretty much are what I usually do after my 23.5 hour fasts. I ate moderately until satiated.

Salmon, mushroom in cream sauce, 2 hand made almond crackers( I guess that qualifies as treat because not normal for me to eat that daily, a couple of slices of smoked salmon/cream cheese, 2 cups of coffee with cream, and I don’t recall if I had vegetables. If I did it was green beans. I had a few pecans and pine nuts. My husband made zucchini fauxagna and I had one bite and was done with that. Delicious but I was done.

Can you share that recipe? Or actually, not so much as the recipe as the technique? I have been wanting to make this. Do you have to salt or precook or do anything special to the zucchini before layering and baking? I'm always nervous if I just put it in raw everything will come out watery.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:13 pm
Vegetable soup, a little scrambled egg, and a little tuna with some sliced pepper. And kokosh cake.

Maryann

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:46 pm
How do you drink so much?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:53 pm
Carbie ate some cake and water then washed for challah (we eat a meal motzei).

Ihatepotatoes

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 8:07 pm
Had Minestrone soup and ice cream. I know, I know...

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 8:20 pm
Had some rugelach and oatmeal bars. A few cups of water. And vegetable soup.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 8:22 pm
I am pregnant and did shiurim a few times during the day that basically came to 1 cup of Powerade, 1 cup of cereal, and an apple. After the fast I had minestrone soup and 2 small slices of home made pizza. I think that was it!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 8:32 pm
Tuna salad, vegetable salad, a slice whole wheat bread, a plate of cereal, 3 sugar-free hot chocolates, 1 jelly bean, 1 whole wheat matzah, 1 slice gefilte fish, half a slice salmon and some dip...felt so disciplined last night but wait, whew, this is embarrassing... TMI

nchr

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 8:33 pm
Super interesting. I always find it difficult to eat after the fast. I usually have some water and apple juice with a little soup and then go to bed and eeeeaaaatttt in the morning.

honeymoon

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 8:57 pm
I had a slice of honey cake.

And another.

And another.

And one more.

What I ate after that doesn't matter after this confession. Does it?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur