Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ch"hm day trip, Lakewood area, age 2-5

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:14 am
I have kids aged 2-5. Here were my idea for chol hamoed, near lakewood. What am I missing- any other good ideas? I'd like to do no more than 1 expensive trip.

Please Touch Museum
Iplay America- what is there for little kids?
Roberts carnival

We've done the popcorn zoo and the PT pleasant acquarium.

What else can we do?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:22 am
Iplay america is a waste of money for that age.
Your best bet is the zoo, aquarium, or playground. For little kids these are the best.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:30 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Iplay america is a waste of money for that age.
Your best bet is the zoo, aquarium, or playground. For little kids these are the best.

Any particular zoo or playground you recommend?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:36 am
We love the cape May zoo it is free and pretty big but it is about an hour to hour and a half away
There’s also the popcorn zoo about half hour drive and a small fee(not as big this zoo)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 11:40 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
We love the cape May zoo it is free and pretty big but it is about an hour to hour and a half away
There’s also the popcorn zoo about half hour drive and a small fee(not as big this zoo)

That's it? Wow didn't realize it wasn't so terribly far! I just may do that, weather permitting. Thanks for the idea.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:25 pm
Camden Aquarium and Philadelphia Zoo are not so far from Lakewood. Both are very nice.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 1:03 pm
These are not free so they would possibly be your pricey options, but we've enjoyed:

Climbzone in Howell is an expensive trip but 5 min out of Lkwd, so bonus points for no travel. Besides for climbing - and little kids can do it - they have a big climbing structure in the back that is perfect for your kids age. You are allowed to bring your own snacks and they also sell kosher ice cream. Each ticket is time limited for 3 hours.

Get Air in Freehold is loads of fun but expensive and you only get an hour or 2 of jump time so its not an all day affair. Although, my kids usually tire after an hour and a half so then you can go for ice cream at Sprinkles afterward!

The local options are nice because if you have napping kids, they're close enough to work around their sleep schedules.

Giggleberry is about an hour and 10 min, also has a huge climbing structure (bigger than climbzone), water play area, carousel, a kiddie area with some toys and mini single-rider type rides (like what you'd find at a mall), and very mild arcades, no violent ones at all, which might appeal to your 5 yr old. The others are prob a bit young for that. You can stay here as long as you want once you pay so u can take your time and play as long as you want. Come early, it gets busy!

Please Touch museum is truly truly awesome for the under 7 crowd. If you've never been, your kids will not want to leave! They are only open till 5, though, so be sure to plan your day early enough. If you are the type to cram in a lot into your day, the Smith Playground is also in Philly and its free, outdoors, and a standout playground.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 1:17 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
These are not free so they would possibly be your pricey options, but we've enjoyed:

Climbzone in Howell is an expensive trip but 5 min out of Lkwd, so bonus points for no travel. Besides for climbing - and little kids can do it - they have a big climbing structure in the back that is perfect for your kids age. You are allowed to bring your own snacks and they also sell kosher ice cream. Each ticket is time limited for 3 hours.

Get Air in Freehold is loads of fun but expensive and you only get an hour or 2 of jump time so its not an all day affair. Although, my kids usually tire after an hour and a half so then you can go for ice cream at Sprinkles afterward!

The local options are nice because if you have napping kids, they're close enough to work around their sleep schedules.

Giggleberry is about an hour and 10 min, also has a huge climbing structure (bigger than climbzone), water play area, carousel, a kiddie area with some toys and mini single-rider type rides (like what you'd find at a mall), and very mild arcades, no violent ones at all, which might appeal to your 5 yr old. The others are prob a bit young for that. You can stay here as long as you want once you pay so u can take your time and play as long as you want. Come early, it gets busy!

Please Touch museum is truly truly awesome for the under 7 crowd. If you've never been, your kids will not want to leave! They are only open till 5, though, so be sure to plan your day early enough. If you are the type to cram in a lot into your day, the Smith Playground is also in Philly and its free, outdoors, and a standout playground.

So helpful. Thank you!

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 1:25 pm
Does giggle berry have things for older kids to do or is it just for little kids? Like kids age 10-12.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 2:28 pm
Try Magic Sky Play. Perfect those ages, clean and very quiet. Only 40 minutes from Lakewood and you can stop by Levi’s Cafe on the way back home.

sky

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:12 pm
If weather is good beach with playground is so much fun. Like seven presidents in Belmar. Or mantoloking marina. Or one of the many lighthouses. (Just need to make sure open). Or walk on boardwalk. Like spring lake. Stop in arcades - Jenkins. Or many others.
Storybook land in little egg harbor is good for that age.
Apple picking or peanut picking.
Cape May zoo is amazing.
Cherry hill has smaller cheaper kids museum.

Check to see what is open. This time of year some attractions will be closed mid week.

Staten Island ferry

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:21 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Try Magic Sky Play. Perfect those ages, clean and very quiet. Only 40 minutes from Lakewood and you can stop by Levi’s Cafe on the way back home.

I did that on Sunday in the summer thanks to your suggestion!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:25 pm
Icecream kids
Pump it up
Roberts carnival
Pt pleasant beach and arcades

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 6:15 pm
I've gone with older kids to Giggleberry as well. Some played the arcades and some also did the climbing. For the ones that just did arcades, it was a fairly tame and low-key trip. But, we enjoyed and actually went back for 2-3 chol hamoed outings. But I know my sister in law went once with some older kids and they were bored. So you kind of have to know what your kids like and what their activity/energy levels are.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 9:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did that on Sunday in the summer thanks to your suggestion!

So happy to hear!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics