Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccinations in Israel

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 12:41 pm
If you live in Israel and raise children there please fill me in on vaccines and school system. People are telling me different things. My husband was born and raised in Israel and received very little shots all done in school by nurse.
Which vaccines are mandatory to attend school ? Do school accept vaccine records from outer state? What if few vaccines missing? What shots are given in schools and do they inform parents for agreement prior to administering vaccines? Any other info would be appreciated.

Thankyou

Teomima

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 2:38 pm
Children generally get their vaccinations through Tipat Chalav, the well-baby clinic, from one month old (ie, everything except what you get as a newborn in the hospital) through two years old. Then in first grade they get the MMR and chicken pox boosters, in second they get the IPV and DTaP boosters, and in eighth the DTaP and HPV. All this information is from an official Meuhedet pamphlet.

Students are required to bring their פינקס חיסונים, their vaccination records, to the school for these shots. If a parent does not want their child vaccinated they must submit that in writing.

I don't know about if schools absolutely require vaccinations because I don't know anyone who doesn't vaccinate. You'll have to ask the school their policy.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:22 pm
Thankyou for the reply. Are the vaccines in Israel more safer and tested better then in USA?

sidewalkchalk

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 6:17 pm
Anecdotal evidence only, but I have known people here with kids in schools who don't vaccinate. No idea if there's a difference between private schools or state schools.

Personally we did the vaccinations in school, memorable when the nurse called us to come be with our daughter because "no one ever refused that loudly before." She still hates needles...

Elfrida

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 7:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thankyou for the reply. Are the vaccines in Israel more safer and tested better then in USA?

Israel imports vaccines. I don't work in Tipat Chalav, so I haven't seen the full range, but the ones that I give in Kupat Cholim are all imported. As far as I know, they are made to the standards required by the WHO, and are quite possibly exactly the same ones you get in America.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics