Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How to figure out size to order for winter boots

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:30 pm
My one year old is size 4.5 now (really size 4 but the shoe store gave him a 4.5 so he has room to grow). I want to order boots for him but I'm not sure how quickly babies grow so I don't know if a size 5 is the right size for winter or I should go even bigger.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:31 pm
Size 5

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Size 5

Thank you so much! This is the second time today you helped me. I was thinking earlier that I noticed you really give valuable advice. Thank you for giving of your time to share your wisdom.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 4:41 pm
That's so nice of you to say! Smile Good luck with the purchase.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 5:07 pm
If she's a 4 now, she won't be bigger than a 5 by the winter.

miami85

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 5:42 pm
Toddlers in their first year of wearing shoes (1-2 yrs) typically go through a size every 3 months. I would probably have said a 6 b/c you want the boots to last until March and with socks and the way boots are designed its good to have extra wiggle room.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 5:45 pm
miami85 wrote:
Toddlers in their first year of wearing shoes (1-2 yrs) typically go through a size every 3 months. I would probably have said a 6 b/c you want the boots to last until March and with socks and the way boots are designed its good to have extra wiggle room.

If he's wearing a 4.5 now (and that's bigger) you think the 6 won't be too big in a month or two when he might possibly need it? I would love to not buy more than one pair this winter...that's why I'm not sure how to do this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics