Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ENough is enough

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 5:45 pm
No matter what I buy I'll always see someone wearing something and feel blah what I"m wearing is ugly compared to that....I think I really need to work on this as it's really affecting my life...Can anyone help me?

sub

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 6:17 pm
Are you buying because you like it? Then remember that feeling when you bought it. You were happy you found something new to your taste.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 10 2019, 8:52 pm
Quit looking at other people. No, seriously. Someone will always have something better, more stylish, fancier, more expensive, smarter, prettier, more comfortable , richer or more SOMETHING than yours, be it a house, a dress, a ring, a husband, a child, a job or a baking pan. The trick is to enjoy what you have and not examine what anyone else has. There’s a reason why the Torah says “velo taturu acharei levavchem veacharei EINEICHEM...” Because when you look, you desire. You covet. You envy. You resent. You grow depressed.

Don’t look so closely. If you don’t look closely, you have a bag, she has a bag. You have a dress, she has a dress. When you really LOOK and you see , or think you see, that you have K-Mart and she has Armani, or she has K-mart but it all matches and you have whatever was left at the end of the season and nothing matches, or you both have exactly the same thing but hers fits her like a picture in Vogue and yours fits you like an off-the-rack slipcover fits “any style sofa” ...that’s when the problems start.

My mother always told me not to compare myself to anyone else because I’m me, there’s only one of me, and no one is exactly like me. Others may be more blessed in some ways and less blessed in other ways but there’s no point comparing because they’re not me. It’s still good advice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics