Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Can't get an ex-ray
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:10 am
Any advice? My daughter broke her wrist and we were told to get a followup appointment in a week but there are no appointments available for several more weeks! Is there anywhere private (Jerusalem area) we can go and get an ex-ray? Is it ever advisable to remove the cast without the ex-ray? (I doubt anyone can answer this but just throwing it out there in case anyone has information or experience that can help...)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:11 am
Also can't get through to original doctor she saw in the ER... I've been trying and leaving messages, but no luck.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:17 am
did you try an appointment with terem?

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:39 am
Which kuppa do you belong to? That's strange, usually things like that are xrayed the same day.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:41 am
You need to get in touch with your doctor or the menehelet of the branch and have them understand you need one ASAP.

Where I live they understand these things happen and fit you in when you do this. Tell your doctor there's no appointments and ask her to go to to talk to the secretaries, or like I said go straight to the menehelet of the branch.

Rappel

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 4:53 am
What LovesHashem said.

It sounds like the doctor should have given you a referral and an appointment on the spot, and she didn't. This is where the secretary at your local kupah comes in handy. Explain your predicament, and see if she can cut some red tape for you, or make things easier in other ways. You should be able to get an X-ray.

If the doctor did give you a referral, then at the very worst you can go to the hospital and do it there. They may charge you a fee for the appointment, but your Kupah should give you back at least some of it.

eli7

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 5:02 am
At our branch of Meuhedet, the xray department has some walk-in hours for this sort of situation; may be worth checking if your kupa does as well

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 6:01 am
In Israel you need to push your way for an appointment. I know how cutting the red tape works since I know someone who went through a few years of multiple health problems in a year or two and needed many appointments ASAP, was going to a different doctor every day. They were in touch on a daily basis with the branch manager at the largest nearby branch.

The secretary may not listen to you; but if you have a note from the doctor or branch manager or have the doctor or branch manager go straight to them - that will usually work. I mean, because every joe shmoe wants appointments asap. The secretaries learn to only cut the red tape for those the doctor or branch manager actually deems necessary to have an appointment ASAP.

I actually think this makes sense; because again if every joe shmoe was getting immediate appointments for not ASAP things than the lines would be insane and the quality of care would suffer.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 7:48 am
Come to the office with the X-ray machine (orthopedist?)

Have your daughter start to cry VERY loudly.

You will get squeezed in. Israelis have soft hearts.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 7:51 am
thanks everyone!

we have meuchedet. But we live in a smaller town and our clinic does not have an ex-ray machine. closest bigger centre (I think) is in Jerusalem Haturim. at least, that is where they are always trying to book us for things.

Is that who I should call and try to get a sooner ex-ray appointment? Speak to the secretary there? Or is there anything I can expect from my local secretary or menahelet even though they have no ex-ray machine here? I'm not sure they even have any open hours over the next week.

We will G-d willing be visiting relatives in Beitar on Chol Hamoed. Can I try to get an ex-ray at the meuchedet branch there? (would be a lot easier for me to get to than haturim especially with all my other kids home from school)

Thanks everyone... I have really been at a loss as to how to advocate for my daughter in this system!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 7:59 am
If you wait until chol hamoed for an x-ray, how will they move the bone so late in the game if it was set out of place?

etky

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks everyone!

we have meuchedet. But we live in a smaller town and our clinic does not have an ex-ray machine. closest bigger centre (I think) is in Jerusalem Haturim. at least, that is where they are always trying to book us for things.

Is that who I should call and try to get a sooner ex-ray appointment? Speak to the secretary there? Or is there anything I can expect from my local secretary or menahelet even though they have no ex-ray machine here? I'm not sure they even have any open hours over the next week.

We will G-d willing be visiting relatives in Beitar on Chol Hamoed. Can I try to get an ex-ray at the meuchedet branch there? (would be a lot easier for me to get to than haturim especially with all my other kids home from school)

Thanks everyone... I have really been at a loss as to how to advocate for my daughter in this system!

If you're gonna be in Beitar already, then come to Efrat. We have an x-ray machine here at the main medical center here that serves Meuhedet and other kuppot. You don't need an appointment, just a referral. You just come and wait your turn. If you like I can find out after Shabbat or more likely on Sunday what the hours will be over chag.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 5:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks everyone!

Speak to the branch manager in a Beitar branch. Have her speak to your doctor or local branch manager to confirm the story.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:48 am
ra_mom wrote:
If you wait until chol hamoed for an x-ray, how will they move the bone so late in the game if it was set out of place?

oh no you are scaring me. that possibility hadn't even occurred to me... doctor didn't even mention it as an option... it seemed more like the ex-ray was just to check if cast can come off.

I guess at this point not much I can do other than keep trying my best

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:49 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Speak to the branch manager in a Beitar branch. Have her speak to your doctor or local branch manager to confirm the story.

thank you. I will do this.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:50 am
etky wrote:
If you're gonna be in Beitar already, then come to Efrat. We have an x-ray machine here at the main medical center here that serves Meuhedet and other kuppot. You don't need an appointment, just a referral. You just come and wait your turn. If you like I can find out after Shabbat or more likely on Sunday what the hours will be over chag.

thank you. I really appreciate the offer. I wish I would have seen this earlier.

if you see this and have a chance, I would still appreciate this information.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 7:54 am
Does Beitar have an xray machine now? When I lived there it did not (5+years ago).
You can go to haturim without an appointment, just find out the hours.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:37 am
I love Israel. Would love to live there. But these medical threads always scare me so much. In New York we can get an x-ray in an hour. To think that there is no x-ray machine in whole towns/cities. Kol hakovod to all of you that can live like this.
OP, I hope you were able to work it out and your child's arm is healed properly.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 9:06 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I love Israel. Would love to live there. But these medical threads always scare me so much. In New York we can get an x-ray in an hour. To think that there is no x-ray machine in whole towns/cities. Kol hakovod to all of you that can live like this.
OP, I hope you were able to work it out and your child's arm is healed properly.

There are many cities in Israel, just as there are many cities in America. Yes, in NY you can get an x ray in an hour. In large cities in Israel there are the same medical amenities as you are used to. In smaller towns both in the US and in Israel this won't be the case. It's about larger or smaller cities, not about the country. And in America, people who aren't on Medicaid are paying $$$$$$ for those services.

etky

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 10:11 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Does Beitar have an xray machine now? When I lived there it did not (5+years ago).
You can go to haturim without an appointment, just find out the hours.

Meuchedet in Beitar has had an x-ray machine for many, many years.
Before Efrat had one we used to take the kids to Beitar for x-rays and that was when they were little. They are now all young adults.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions