Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Criminal Prices
1  2  3  4  5  Next

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:32 am
I decided to start a spin-off...
urban gypsy wrote:
(ESPECIALLY AT THOSE CRIMINAL PRICES BUT THAT'S A WHOLE OTHER RANT)

Yes! The prices! There is a very popular dress in my city, every woman seems to have it. I love it too and I would love to own this dress. But OMG its $160. Its not available on Amazon or anywhere else, the designer only allows certain places to carry it. And I'm telling you, these women wear this dress on errands, to PTA, I've seen women wearing it with the same sort of air as a denim skirt. Like its nothing. Is $160 for a dress really nothing? This is a nice dress, flattering on most body types, all that. Not at all fancy but not casual. Its a nice dress! I get why its so popular. But $160!?
And the Hardtail skirts for girls. What on earth?

And yes, this is my green-eyed monster. I fargin these women! I hope they all enjoy to the very fullest their clothing, I am sure they worked hard for it!

flmommy

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:43 am
Can you post a link for “the dress” everyone is wearing. I haven’t a clue.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:47 am
$160 for a dress is really not expensive.
As long as people are paying these prices, why would they be lowered?

my mama

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:48 am
I am looking for a black dress for my toddler aged daughter for a bar mitzva. Anything decent in the local stores is between $130-$300.
FOR A TODDLER!

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:50 am
Little kids clothing and shoes can sometimes be more expensive than adult clothing.
I only shop at department stores or online kids.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:51 am
flmommy wrote:
Can you post a link for “the dress” everyone is wearing. I haven’t a clue.

I pmed it to you because I feel like in this case, its location specific and I dont really want to give that out. I said in my OP that its popular in my city, so I'm sure you dont know what it is if you dont live where I live.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:52 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
$160 for a dress is really not expensive.
As long as people are paying these prices, why would they be lowered?

You dont think thats a lot for a dress to run around town in? I'm not talking shabbos and YT in shul. This is just for out for coffee.

mha3484

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:59 am
I used to agree with you. My neighbor was raving about the hava tribe dresses which are in the $100 range and I kept telling her no way too expensive etc then the brand offered one style on a buy one get one free making the dresses closer to my budget. When they came in the mail I really understood why they cost so much. They were such a high quality heavy fabric that will last me for years. Lightyears away from the usual cheap stuff I buy on amazon. I likely wont buy from them again due to cost but I get why they cost so much.

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 10:59 am
watergirl wrote:
I pmed it to you because I feel like in this case, its location specific and I dont really want to give that out. I said in my OP that its popular in my city, so I'm sure you dont know what it is if you dont live where I live.

Can you please PM me with the link?

Thank you.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:00 am
watergirl wrote:
You dont think thats a lot for a dress to run around town in? I'm not talking shabbos and YT in shul. This is just for out for coffee.

Honestly, it’s really not that much. When I opened this thread I thought we would be talking about $800 dresses. Then again, in my circles plenty of people wear $800 slippers...

I prefer to spend less then $100 on my dresses, but if I loved a dress $160 is a really decent price.

BatyaEsther

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:02 am
We are now all curious and want to see this wonder-dress!!!
I'm a huge baby and way to be PMed also!!!

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:03 am
Sorry, I’m not going to be p.m. in the link you’ll all just have to trust me.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:05 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Honestly, it’s really not that much. When I opened this thread I thought we would be talking about $800 dresses. Then again, in my circles plenty of people wear $800 slippers...

I prefer to spend less then $100 on my dresses, but if I loved a dress $160 is a really decent price.

Prospective really is everything. I dont live in a city where people spend so much, or so I though. Its ok, like I said I am happy for them! I just really felt like it was a lot for running around in! And I still do. Wink

To each their own, as I always say!

Raisin

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:05 am
Wow, thats a lot. I would spend that money on a dress for a simcha maybe. Or maybe, maybe a really nice shabbos dress. I just got a dress on sale that cost something like that originally but I didn't pay that. Its a nice dress, and a bit more then I usually spend.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:06 am
And I thought this thread would be about 300 dollar scarves. 160 for a dress.....welcome to our country. Not that I spend that but it really takes a lot of time shopping online and sales...160 for a dress is average.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:11 am
watergirl wrote:

I personally don't spend too much money on clothes but if I were to buy that, I would probably wear it several times a week for several years.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:19 am
I agree with you. $160 for a dress is a lot!
And I'm always nervous about the quality, how long it will last etc.
I console myself by saying hey at least I don't look like everyone else, at least I am "me."

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:20 am
southernbubby wrote:
I personally don't spend too much money on clothes but if I were to buy that, I would probably wear it several times a week for several years.

Will it withstand the wash and wear?

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:21 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
And I thought this thread would be about 300 dollar scarves. 160 for a dress.....welcome to our country. Not that I spend that but it really takes a lot of time shopping online and sales...160 for a dress is average.

I'd rather spend $300 on a scarf that will last and I can use in different ways to jazz up different outfits...

itsmeima

Post Fri, Oct 11 2019, 11:21 am
...And I’ve got a $79 Shabbos dress sitting in my cart for months Can't Believe It

I understand if the rich ones... but “everyone”?
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics