Home

Only wearing one color kippah

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Mommy F.




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Oct 12 2019, 11:47 pm
Hello I recently heard that men’s kippas should be one solid color. Not two or more colors

Has anyone heard a source to this ?
Back to top

amother




Brunette


Post  Sat, Oct 12 2019, 11:52 pm
Sound like we are making up more halachot.
So.... ayn chadash tachat hashemes.
Back to top

cbsp




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:13 am
Someone should let the nah nach people know about this.

Seriously, though, the goal is to cover the head - community norms aside AFAIK there's nothing mandated per se about a kipah.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 2:45 am
Mommy F. wrote:
Hello I recently heard that men’s kippas should be one solid color. Not two or more colors

Has anyone heard a source to this ?
Where did you hear this from? There are many rabbanim out there, that wear kipot srugot that are many different colors. Rabbanim!!!!
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 2:56 am
Possible source: Some guy who sells only plain black kippot?
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 4:02 am
DrMom wrote:
Possible source: Some guy who sells only plain black kippot?


Or people who wear solid black, trying to influence people from the multicolor kippah crowd to come over to the dark side. Knowing that going from gorgeously patterned to solid black would be too much of a shock, they suggest solid colors at first, hoping eventually to crush even this sign of life by persuading the wearers next to eschew bright colors in favor of somber neutrals, and ultimately get them to stick to black.

Long live the kippah srugah with beautiful multicolored dugmaot.
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:16 am
It may only be a school rule.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:18 am
No, I've never heard of such a thing, though I will say that the decorative stitching used in some of the solid kippot I've seen make them into show stoppers. Subtle, and stunning.
Back to top

watergirl




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 6:42 am
cbsp wrote:
Someone should let the nah nach people know about this.

Seriously, though, the goal is to cover the head - community norms aside AFAIK there's nothing mandated per se about a kipah.

Fwiw, Na nach kippot are all white with just black words.... the awesome multi-colored Bukharian kippot would have been a better bring in! Smile
Back to top

Ruchel




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 6:53 am
I dislike the concept of "not looking like" a group. I understand wanting to look like one's group
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:25 am
zaq wrote:
Or people who wear solid black, trying to influence people from the multicolor kippah crowd to come over to the dark side. Knowing that going from gorgeously patterned to solid black would be too much of a shock, they suggest solid colors at first, hoping eventually to crush even this sign of life by persuading the wearers next to eschew bright colors in favor of somber neutrals, and ultimately get them to stick to black.

Long live the kippah srugah with beautiful multicolored dugmaot.


LOL
Ever thought of writing fiction?
This could create a great premise for a story, and I need better writers to read.
Back to top

Frumwithallergies




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:35 am
Nope
Zaq for président!
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 8:54 am
Ruchel wrote:
I dislike the concept of "not looking like" a group. I understand wanting to look like one's group


There's all the difference in the world between conforming because you want to and conforming because you have to. Especially when someone lies by telling you that you are obligated to do something.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 9:12 am
Can we argue how many slices are proper for a man? Does it change after bar mitzvah, or do you always have to have as many slices as your father and your father's father? Is it a deal breaker for your shidduch?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Back to top

cbsp




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 13 2019, 10:06 am
watergirl wrote:
Fwiw, Na nach kippot are all white with just black words.... the awesome multi-colored Bukharian kippot would have been a better bring in! Smile


Yup, that was actually my point. It's 2 colors.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Play-Doh - am I the only one who's like this?
by amother
5 Today at 12:07 am View last post
One stovetop for milk/dairy
by amother
7 Yesterday at 8:53 pm View last post
Wearing different colors of wig
by amother
20 Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:50 pm View last post
Are your eyebrows and hair the same color?
by amother
10 Sun, Nov 17 2019, 3:41 pm View last post
How does one go off sugar & white flour?
by amother
15 Thu, Nov 14 2019, 12:10 am View last post

Jump to: