Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How many Boro Parker’s here??
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 2:27 am
Favorite store is 1982 cafe!

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 2:36 am
I live boro park. We definitely don't fit in at all Smile We are litvish, and there are not many families like us here. I do have to say though our chassidish neighboors have been great (for the most part)- very friendly, cooked us suppers after each baby and ect.... we've even started picking up a little yiddish Smile

I love amazing savings, designers spot, krm, clover, Brendas, oh nuts and all the toys stores Smile oh and 18th ave park and the ice cream store across the street Smile (guess you can see I'm still a child at heart Smile )

ssspectacular

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 9:00 am
I am a Boro Parker. I like to think I'm out of the box, but maybe I'm deluding myself-maybe there is no box; it's just a hoax. Anyway, shopping is not my thing, so no favorite stores.

Motherhood

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:23 pm
Born and bred Boro Parker, too! Like most of you, unaffiliated with any specific chassidus, but definitely chassidish! Not sure which store is my best, but the stores I go to most often are KRM and Quickaid

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:29 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Dh is from BP.
If you see a lady that doesn't fit the mold walking into a home on 12th Ave, that's me going to visit my in-laws.
Wave

That can be me too. Even the 12th Avenue part. But I was born and bred in Boro park too. My family moved out when I was 16. Although we are heimish, we never fit in as my whole block was very satmar. I was fine with it though. I like everybody.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:40 pm
I live in Boro Park for most of my life.
Judaica corner is my favorite store.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:50 pm
Question for you boro Parker’s.
How do you live there? It’s so crowded!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:59 pm
I was born and bred in Boro Park but moved away when I got married. My mother still lives there . None of my siblings live in BP. Also neutral chasidish with no affiliation to any specific chasiddus. The stores mentioned on this thread didn’t exist when I lived there besides for Oh Nuts. Back in the day I used to love to go to Mini Temptations and A Tisket a Tasket. They probably no longer exist. Am I dating myself?

Reality

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:12 pm
Thunderstorm, neither store exist anymore.

momtobe

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 3:29 pm
I am a bp’er as well. Chasidish.

Last edited by momtobe on Sun, Mar 20 2022, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 4:12 pm
I've always lived in boro park and recently moved away.
I would come back anytime, I miss the craziness before yomtov on 13th avenue.
Am I dating myself if I tell you that I still remember Kosher Castle where Eichlers is now Very Happy I was maybe 8 or 9 when Eichlers officially moved in.
Mega 53 used to be H &D
Where bleu dish is now, or was..... Used to be a pizza store
Who remembers Friedman grocery on 13 and 42 that had weird prices like 2.45 instead of 2.49 or 1.13 instead of 1.29
Bergament which used to be Pergament
Anyone who lived past 39th str or 59th str in other direction lived on the outskirts.

There was one time a fair on 13th ave. I was probably 10 years old, the entire 13 was closed for a few hours. It happened once and never again.

13th ave used to be a two way street. I remember when it became a one way.

So many more I could write but gotta get ready for yomtov.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:03 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I was born and bred in Boro Park but moved away when I got married. My mother still lives there . None of my siblings live in BP. Also neutral chasidish with no affiliation to any specific chasiddus. The stores mentioned on this thread didn’t exist when I lived there besides for Oh Nuts. Back in the day I used to love to go to Mini Temptations and A Tisket a Tasket. They probably no longer exist. Am I dating myself?
Me too! Did you used to live on 45th street?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 7:08 am
I live in EY...but from what I have seen/heard of Boro Park if I ever had to live in America again I'd want to go there!

heidi

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 10:59 am
I was wondering who in BP was posting today LOL

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 9:58 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I've always lived in boro park and recently moved away.
I would come back anytime, I miss the craziness before yomtov on 13th avenue.
Am I dating myself if I tell you that I still remember Kosher Castle where Eichlers is now Very Happy I was maybe 8 or 9 when Eichlers officially moved in.
Mega 53 used to be H &D
Where bleu dish is now, or was..... Used to be a pizza store
Who remembers Friedman grocery on 13 and 42 that had weird prices like 2.45 instead of 2.49 or 1.13 instead of 1.29
Bergament which used to be Pergament
Anyone who lived past 39th str or 59th str in other direction lived on the outskirts.

There was one time a fair on 13th ave. I was probably 10 years old, the entire 13 was closed for a few hours. It happened once and never again.

13th ave used to be a two way street. I remember when it became a one way.

So many more I could write but gotta get ready for yomtov.

If I recall correctly the Kosher Castle was a dairy place and when my aunt and uncle came from OOT to visit they used to take us there for ice cream as a special treat. That was over 25 years ago!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 10:27 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Who remembers Whispers n Whimsies? 😀

Born and bred in BP, moved to Lakewood when I got married. It's almost 20 years now and my kids still don't understand what I like about BP. They hate going 😞.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 10:57 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Who remembers Whispers n Whimsies? 😀

Born and bred in BP, moved to Lakewood when I got married. It's almost 20 years now and my kids still don't understand what I like about BP. They hate going 😞.

Yes whispers and whimsies I got all my pre 1a graduation gifts from. Fancy mirrors with my name on it. Closed right after

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 11:10 pm
I was born and bred in BP, and lived there till I moved to Lakewood 12 years ago. Everytime I go back, and see all the changes, I get sad. I miss going down 13th Avenue and knowing all the stores there

The stores that I miss:

Nosheria
Kosher Delight
Kosher Castle
Wonderland

veiznisht

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 12:21 am
ssspectacular wrote:
I am a Boro Parker. I like to think I'm out of the box, but maybe I'm deluding myself-maybe there is no box; it's just a hoax. Anyway, shopping is not my thing, so no favorite stores.

I live in BP but I'm one of the rarities that wasn't born and bred here.

I think there is a box, simply put, less people fit into it than one might think.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 12:37 am
I grew up in bp’s lower 40’s. The 38 street park was a raggedy hang out with a few broken swings, the agudah houses were said to be a movie theater prior and our local grocery on 41 street and 15 ave is long gone...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics