Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How many Boro Parker’s here??
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 9:41 pm
I’m from Flatbush but practically grew up in BP, (think every Sunday shopping).
Whispers and whimsies was every girls dream store. I still don’t understand why they closed.
Remember kosher castle pizza, nosheria and of course KD!!!
All my Shabbos dresses in Braudes, coats in wonderland.
Loved that little paskez store.
What was sukkos decoration shopping with out g and sons?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 9:41 pm
I vaguely remember a mannys dress shop and visiting teen boutique when they were in the basement and a store called you name it

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 9:43 pm
Oh - and my haircuts were all at the hands of “Tony the barber”

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 9:45 pm
We would also have these ride trucks coming around at random times for like one or two dollars a spin

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 10:04 pm
EICHLERS!
Can’t believe no one mentioned as a favorite.
I just love to go in there and look at all the books. It’s my favorite airing out- chill place.

pizza4

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 10:09 pm
Ah boro park... not born but spent my childhood there, moved away after married with kids. I love to visit whenever possible but the crowdedness and litter started getting to me. I still specifically walk on 13th ave,to feel the energy, be part of the stream of people.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 10:10 pm
Another born and bred boro parker here. Who remembers the truck for sharpening knives? Whispers and whimsies -I got a recipe book from my friends for my vort from there. We loved that store. Who remembers Bertrams shoe store in a basement on 48 bet 16 and 17th? Mannie's as someone mentioned was in a house on 52nd between 15th and 16th Ave.
Wonderful memories.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 10:41 pm
Nothing tops 13th ave on erev sukkos.
The electricity, vibe, chiyus,
Honestly I cry just walking down the avenue. This is yiddishkeit! Yes there are cons to every lifestyle but we have to see and appreciate the beauty we have.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:02 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I grew up in bp’s lower 40’s. The 38 street park was a raggedy hang out with a few broken swings, the agudah houses were said to be a movie theater prior and our local grocery on 41 street and 15 ave is long gone...

Did you really shop at that grocery store? The one time I went there while visiting a friend there was a mouse hole in the bag of chips!!

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 5:57 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Another born and bred boro parker here. Who remembers the truck for sharpening knives? Whispers and whimsies -I got a recipe book from my friends for my vort from there. We loved that store. Who remembers Bertrams shoe store in a basement on 48 bet 16 and 17th? Mannie's as someone mentioned was in a house on 52nd between 15th and 16th Ave.
Wonderful memories.

Lol. I remember the sharpening knives truck. He used to sharpen my mother’s sewing scissors.
And I was really little when my mother shopped at Mannies. I remember playing outside there while my mother shopped in the basement. My first scrapbook was from Whispers and whimsies. I never bought anything there (my mother thought it was “too expensive”, but if I received a gift from there I was in 7th heaven.
And G and Sons was the highlight for us. We would go before the summer started and got all out outdoors fun things and then before school started , we got all of our school supplies there. Great childhood memories.

freilich

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 6:08 am
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Donut Man....oh boy. What memories. I can literally taste the sugar, ahhh.

The grilled cheese sandwiches, sublime.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 6:18 am
ra_mom wrote:
Did you really shop at that grocery store? The one time I went there while visiting a friend there was a mouse hole in the bag of chips!!

Shhh!

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 7:52 am
Yes, school supplies was also G and sons.
The donut man! Best donuts in the world. I would sit by the counter. It was heaven.
Remember the old mendelsons before they renovated?
It’s so strange to me, these stores all seemed to be doing so well. What happened?

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:20 am
ra_mom wrote:

Talk abt mice. My dh was in bingo now erev y"t and saw a bag of croutons with a hole and mouse droppings around it!! We know the mouse stuff cuz we just moved away from a mouse infested building. So we know exactly what these holes and droppings look like.
Eta: I should really start a spin-off on this. It's beyond disgusting!!

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:09 am
Another Boro Parker here- didn’t really grow up here but live here now! Love eichlers, artistic gallery, supreme, fruit store, but my heart is in Israel or in nature!

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 12:49 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
What do you like about Gourmet Glatt?

The turnover in KRM of the dated packed chocolate is second to none so you know youre getting it super fresh, and Bingo has Organic Vegetables. What brings you to Gourmet Glatt? The meat maybe?

The day old cakes which are half price 😆

I can’t believe no one mentioned my most favorite restaurant in the world glatt ala carte and best pizza in the world is mendelsohns. No one else uses that sweet and spicy sauce. Yum.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 12:51 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Question for you boro Parker’s.
How do you live there? It’s so crowded!

Here’s my question for the boro parkers who don’t look like the typicals. Do you get stared at in KRM like I do? And I dress totally tznius, but long wig, jeans skirt, etc. The stares are ridiculous!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics