Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you support this ?

Do you support this ?
No way  
 62%  [ 25 ]
Sure  
 37%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 40

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 11:17 am
NYS bill S3899a (Krueger, D-Upper Eastside ), and A973a (Paulin, D-Scarsdale) allowing minors to get vaccines for hepatitis b at any age, and Gardasil (human papilloma virus) at age nine without parental knowledge or consent.

Anytime your children are out-of-sight they could legally be injected, and you would never know.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 11:59 am
No

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:29 pm
Can you post the link to this bill so we could submit our votes directly to the NYSenate/Assembly?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:02 pm
I have seen enough people in my clinic with HPV infections who were not vaccinated because their parents didn't believe in it or never considered that their child may be at risk. The children had no choice but to accept their parents' decision and now have to live with those consequences.

In my workplace, children are allowed to decline recommended vaccines, even if their parents want them to have it. Children should also be allowed to accept recommended vaccines they are eligible for, even without parental consent.

For the record, I work in public health and vaccinate both children and adults.

tweety1

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 1:52 pm
I'm very pro vaccines but this is totally out of line.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 4:09 pm
I literally CANNOT understand how a person with any knowledge of JEWISH HISTORY can support this. O.M.G. It's NOT about if the VAX is the GOAT. It's about the dangerous LEGAL precedent being set to take parental rights away from ALL parents, even PRO PRO PRO vaxers. Maybe they'll start taking babies away because a bris is ABUSE. Reality check= most NY'ers think so today, it's on trend.

Please THINK. How. Horribly WRONG this can go. In Italy they now consider vegetarian parents not fit. It's law. Your child must eat meat. Or they can take your kids away. In one of the Nordic countries Bris is outlawed as abuse already. Child can be taken and parents jailed / fined. NY tried already once re metzia b'peh which doesn't affect me personally but hey, once they get precedent it might be next. No shechita in Belgium I think it is. HOW DO YOU NOT SEE the TRENDS?

For the sake of the nation, VOTE NO and go educate and scream and convince people to use the VAX but do not take away our rights. Separate issues!!!

Teomima

Post Mon, Oct 14 2019, 4:39 pm
I think something that people need to consider is that a young child could be the victim of zexual assault, either perpetrated by, or ignored by, their parents. In such a case, should not a child be able to get the hpv vaccine, even without parental consent? Heaven forbid any child should ever be in such a situation, but the fact remains that there are more reasons, other than marital relations, that could call for a need of an hpv vaccine injection.

Do keep in mind that the hpv is a horrible virus that kills. I recently lost a relative to hpv and it was devastating. I get that vaccines are scary but the illnesses they protect us from are so much worse. And the child of an antivaxer should have the right to choose vaccination for themselves. The only sad thing about all this is apparently not enough parents are listening to their children and that is why legal policies are getting involved. No one would be proposing such bills if more parents would pay attention to their child's decision to protect themselves from potentially contracting a lethal virus.

amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I literally CANNOT understand how a person with any knowledge of JEWISH HISTORY can support this. O.M.G. It's NOT about if the VAX is the GOAT. It's about the dangerous LEGAL precedent being set to take parental rights away from ALL parents, even PRO PRO PRO vaxers. Maybe they'll start taking babies away because a bris is ABUSE. Reality check= most NY'ers think so today, it's on trend.

Please THINK. How. Horribly WRONG this can go. In Italy they now consider vegetarian parents not fit. It's law. Your child must eat meat. Or they can take your kids away. In one of the Nordic countries Bris is outlawed as abuse already. Child can be taken and parents jailed / fined. NY tried already once re metzia b'peh which doesn't affect me personally but hey, once they get precedent it might be next. No shechita in Belgium I think it is. HOW DO YOU NOT SEE the TRENDS?

For the sake of the nation, VOTE NO and go educate and scream and convince people to use the VAX but do not take away our rights. Separate issues!!!

I understand what you are trying to say, but you are spouting out so many inaccurate "facts" that your argument completely loses merit.

Rappel

Post Mon, Oct 14 2019, 4:53 pm
Teomima wrote:
I think something that people need to consider is that a young child could be the victim of zexual assault, either perpetrated by, or ignored by, their parents. In such a case, should not a child be able to get the hpv vaccine, even without parental consent? Heaven forbid any child should ever be in such a situation, but the fact remains that there are more reasons, other than marital relations, that could call for a need of an hpv vaccine injection.

This. Not only is HPV deadly, but many children in the at-risk population do not have the ability to get parental consent - absentee parents, parents whom work day and night, parents whom just don't give two cruds, all leave their kids extremely vulnerable to a life-changing disease that could be easily prevented. Children from the age of 9 are certainly at risk. Let them choose.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 5:20 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
In Italy they now consider vegetarian parents not fit. It's law. Your child must eat meat. Or they can take your kids away.

I searched and found a number of articles from 2016 about a proposed law but haven't found any about it being passed. Have you? Two of the articles say "proposal" or "proposed" in the title the other two also say it's a proposal in the article.

Italy proposal to jail vegans who impose diet on children
Italy's Bill Against Vegan Parents "Did an Italian deputy really propose a bill to incarcerate vegan or vegetarian parents who impose those diets on their children?"
Proposed Italian law could jail 'reckless' vegan parents
Vegan parents in Italy could face jail for imposing the diet on their children "A new draft legislation ..."

Aylat

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 7:01 am
Nine seems very young to give independent consent. I would not want that age to be set as a precedent for consent or refusal of a medical procedure.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 5:07 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
In Italy they now consider vegetarian parents not fit. It's law. Your child must eat meat. Or they can take your kids away. In one of the Nordic countries Bris is outlawed as abuse already. Child can be taken and parents jailed / fined. NY tried already once re metzia b'peh which doesn't affect me personally but hey, once they get precedent it might be next. No shechita in Belgium I think it is. HOW DO YOU NOT SEE the TRENDS?

Banging head Where do you get this nonsense from?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics