Home

Need to leave husband; skng clean 1 bedroom bklyn

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Tue, Oct 15 2019, 9:25 pm
I need to separate from my irate enraged husband since he traumatises my youngest who is still home. All the others left.
Seeking clean 1 bedroom with no mice/roaches, etc. In bklyn. Can be a basement if it's clean, bright and pleasant.
I am not contemplating divorce at present.
First need peace and space to think.
He is not violent and will not ever make a scene or threaten anyone.
Please advise.
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue


Post  Tue, Oct 15 2019, 9:40 pm
Call Ohel. 718-851-6300. Ask for intake office. They have a shelter where you can there for 2-3 months to help you figure out your life.
Make sure that you have your finically and his finical information figured out.
Back to top

amother




Teal


Post  Tue, Oct 15 2019, 11:06 pm
I have no experience but someone wrote this in another thread. Legally the person who leaves may be at a disadvantage if it comes to dividing assets for divorce? And separation starts from day left? I don't know. But don't do anything rash before you know legal ramifications.
Back to top

amother




Burgundy


Post  Tue, Oct 15 2019, 11:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need to separate from my irate enraged husband since he traumatises my youngest who is still home. All the others left.
Seeking clean 1 bedroom with no mice/roaches, etc. In bklyn. Can be a basement if it's clean, bright and pleasant.
I am not contemplating divorce at present.
First need peace and space to think.
He is not violent and will not ever make a scene or threaten anyone.
Please advise.


First you say he’s irate and enraged, and traumatized your kids and then you say he’s not violent, won’t ever make a scene or threaten? Somethings wrong with this picture.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Oct 15 2019, 11:37 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I have no experience but someone wrote this in another thread. Legally the person who leaves may be at a disadvantage if it comes to dividing assets for divorce? And separation starts from day left? I don't know. But don't do anything rash before you know legal ramifications.


If they own a home together, the spouse who leaves can be legally considered as abandoning their share of the house.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Oct 16 2019, 12:29 am
He IS irate and enraged.
He is not violent however and will not make a scene in public.
I included that so that no one will feel uncomfortableto rent an apartment to a lady with a crazy husband who will show up and make a scene, because he'll never do that.
His graciousness is reserved only for his own family, inside the home.
We don't own any thing and I'm not planning to divorce. I want a place to breathe, to rest and a peaceful place to come home to after a long day at work. A place that will be a safe zone for my children.
I was hoping someone might know of an apartment.
Thank you all for your responses.
Ohel is for domestic violence I believe. His outbursts are verbal only.
Thanks.
Back to top

amother




Saddlebrown


Post  Wed, Oct 16 2019, 2:32 am
Verbal abuse is a type of domestic violence. Try ohel of they cant help you maybe they'll find someone else who can
Back to top

cnc




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 16 2019, 2:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He IS irate and enraged.
He is not violent however and will not make a scene in public.
I included that so that no one will feel uncomfortableto rent an apartment to a lady with a crazy husband who will show up and make a scene, because he'll never do that.
His graciousness is reserved only for his own family, inside the home.
We don't own any thing and I'm not planning to divorce. I want a place to breathe, to rest and a peaceful place to come home to after a long day at work. A place that will be a safe zone for my children.
I was hoping someone might know of an apartment.
Thank you all for your responses.
Ohel is for domestic violence I believe. His outbursts are verbal only.
Thanks.


Verbal abuse is still considered domestic abuse.
Back to top

amother




Magenta


Post  Wed, Oct 16 2019, 3:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He IS irate and enraged.
He is not violent however and will not make a scene in public.
I included that so that no one will feel uncomfortableto rent an apartment to a lady with a crazy husband who will show up and make a scene, because he'll never do that.
His graciousness is reserved only for his own family, inside the home.
We don't own any thing and I'm not planning to divorce. I want a place to breathe, to rest and a peaceful place to come home to after a long day at work. A place that will be a safe zone for my children.
I was hoping someone might know of an apartment.
Thank you all for your responses.
Ohel is for domestic violence I believe. His outbursts are verbal only.
Thanks.


I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Verbal outbursts are also a form of abuse. The fact that you want to find a safe spot without them is surely a telling sign is it not?

I wish you much Hatzlacha and clarity!
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 16 2019, 3:58 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I have no experience but someone wrote this in another thread. Legally the person who leaves may be at a disadvantage if it comes to dividing assets for divorce? And separation starts from day left? I don't know. But don't do anything rash before you know legal ramifications.


I'm pretty sure OP has thought this over, and has come to the conclusion that this is the best course.

Hatzlacha OP! May you find strength, clarity, and healing.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Oct 16 2019, 4:09 pm
thank you to everyone for your supportive caring responses.
Back to top

amother




Bronze


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 12:44 pm
OHEL is still your best bet. They help the best and verbal issue is enough a reason to qualify. Please call asap. If you have a house together as a lawyer. If you rent just do it
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Do you leave house lights on when you go away?
by amother
20 Yesterday at 4:04 pm View last post
Kids bedroom far from others 20 Yesterday at 12:05 pm View last post
When did you leave to work and return from work today?
by amother
60 Sun, Nov 10 2019, 4:26 pm View last post
How long does it take to clean a bathroom? And how often?
by amother
1 Sun, Nov 10 2019, 9:38 am View last post
Keeping a clean house without killing their creativity... 2 Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:54 am View last post

Jump to: