Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ford Amphitheater definitely caused some pneumonia (2019)
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:40 pm
Its Tzar Baalei Chayim.

Rain was blowing in.

They have to stop making frum concerts there when its not he summer. Chol Hamoded Sukkos and Pesach, when they have concerts is usually chilly weather. Not a good time for this theater.

Im sure as the sun will come out tomorrow, that many people, after spending hundreds on tickets, got sick, sitting there for 2+ hours.

The INSIDE of the theater was windy, and rain came in from the sides.

Its unwise and definitely Tzar Baalei Chayim.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:44 pm
We were so cold, we left early Sad after it started an hour late..
It really would have been an amazing concert in an indoor place!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:48 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
We were so cold, we left early Sad after it started an hour late..
It really would have been an amazing concert in an indoor place!

Yes we saw many people leaving.

Maybe we can write a letter together (Id give you an email address, or I can start an email address for anyone who's interested to sign a petition?) to Shapiro to choose a diff location in the future. I spent almost $700 in tickets for my family.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:49 pm
I don’t think Shapiro is the one who makes the concert. You would have to speak to the organizer (EG production?)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:00 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I don’t think Shapiro is the one who makes the concert. You would have to speak to the organizer (EG production?)

I think people came mainly for Shapiro (I dont love him, but kids do).

If Shapiro agrees to perform there, one organizer or another will get it going.

If Shapiro doesnt agree, no concert there, THE END.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:27 pm
Just don't go to concerts in amphitheaters from now on. The people who go are choosing to risk getting sick...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:40 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Just don't go to concerts in amphitheaters from now on. The people who go are choosing to risk getting sick...

I wanted to please the kids in my family. What wouldnt we do to please the kids?

groisamomma

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wanted to please the kids in my family. What wouldnt we do to please the kids?

Ouch, $700 is a lot to pay for kids getting sick. I'd write that letter asap.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:02 pm
$700?!?! For a concert?!
Who are the clientele? Hope it’s not the same ppl who complain about tuition Hiding ....

groovy1224

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

On the list of things I wouldn't do to please my kids is pay $700 for outdoor concert tickets (I mean what?? Are they new to the area?) but I definitely think you should email whoever arranged the concert. If enough people email they might be motivated to make different arrangements next year. Can't have been pleasant for the people performing either, no?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:09 pm
I don't understand this. People have been attending outdoor sporting events in open arenas in much worse weather, for ages. I've never heard of epidemics of pneumonia going around because someone saw the Superbowl or the World Series live.

Is there something about frum outdoor events that make them inherently dangerous? I mean unless we're talking about measles, I don't see what the problem is. As far as germs and viruses go, you're actually much more at risk in an enclosed space with a circulating air system.

If people are considering going to an outdoor event, it would be wise to check the forecast first, and dress accordingly. Treat it the same way you would a camping trip. Bring blankets, a thermos of hot coffee, and some snack bars.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:11 pm
The issue is that we got these tickets a while ago, we couldn’t have known it will be such terrible weather.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:18 pm
When I bought the tickets I didn’t realize that I would be exposed to the elements. I live in Brooklyn but have never been to any other concerts here and have never heard of this theater before. I didn’t think it necessary to check out the venue. Would never have imagined they would put on a concert at this time of year in a place that exposed people to the weather.

I really enjoyed Mordechai Shapiro but the venue was terrible in many ways. Aside from the weather there were not enough people manning security which caused crazy lines getting in. It took almost an hour to get in which is nuts!

We left early. I couldn’t see spending all night there in that weather. $140 down. The kids enjoyed regardless.

chestnut

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:23 pm
The concert was planned when, a few months ago? We knew about tonight's rain when, a few days ago? A week ago, at most?

groovy1224

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:25 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I don't understand this. People have been attending outdoor sporting events in open arenas in much worse weather, for ages. I've never heard of epidemics of pneumonia going around because someone saw the Superbowl or the World Series live.

Is there something about frum outdoor events that make them inherently dangerous? I mean unless we're talking about measles, I don't see what the problem is. As far as germs and viruses go, you're actually much more at risk in an enclosed space with a circulating air system.

If people are considering going to an outdoor event, it would be wise to check the forecast first, and dress accordingly. Treat it the same way you would a camping trip. Bring blankets, a thermos of hot coffee, and some snack bars.

The people that attend sporting events in such weather are die hard fans. Not families with little kids.
And as evidenced here, it seems a lot of people didn't realize the theater was open. Perhaps they should have, but they didn't, so they didn't even know to be prepared. Not like people who go to watch a football game and know it's an outdoor stadium so they bring hot chocolate and snuggies for everyone

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:27 pm
FF, if you cover your kids with blankets or coats how will anyone see their matching outfits?! The horror!
This falls into the same category as the high heels and coiffed wings and jewelry at Six Flags. I ran around in a snood and enjoyed all the rides. Very Happy

balibusta

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:28 pm
After sitting through this concert in this weather in Oct...wonder how the siyum hashas will be his an outdoor venue in January😬

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:35 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Can't have been pleasant for the people performing either, no?

I think stage is totally covered (they need to protect the instruments and sound system, haha).

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:38 pm
Balibusta, the stadium will be domed for the siyum hashas.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:43 pm
When I saw chol hamoed was mid October I knew then no outdoor places no Hershey Park no concerts etc! Sometimes you gotta use ur brains and think of what time a year it is not complain once you go. I ended up at the big Apple circus it was warm and kids loved it! Don’t blame the arrangers/producers blame urself for not remembering what mid October is like yearly
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries