Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Gap year in Israel for teen who's been in rtc
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:23 pm
[quote="amother [ Vermilion ]"]that post-rtc they weren't "cured" and that the risk of sending the child 6000 miles away from supports at that point of their trajectory was one of the riskiest things that the parents could do.

Back to your original question:

Aim for ncsy/ baal teshuva/traditional friendly places :
Machon Maayan
Baer Miriam /Maayanot
Meorot Yerushalayim
(my family member also did a 'pilot trip' looking for a therapist/ therapy center)

My daughter is at Machon Ma'ayan.
Love it!!! And it is a wonderful place for those who are both solid FFB with a high level of prior Judaic education and for those lacking the background-NCSY girls(who are so dedicated with such a strong desire to learn and grow). Shomer Shabbos/tznius/kashrut.... are all not optional.
The girls have a lot of freedom, have to find places for Shabbos, get to travel independently into Yerushalaim and all around the country.
I don't know of them having therapist/MSWs.... on staff for the support or structure which OP has indicated she might be need.

If anyone has any questions about the school, my only disappointment is that I can't go as well!!! (But I am looking forward to going to classes with her when I visit)

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The place where she is now typically has them transition to day treatment close to the end of the program, plus they work in the neighborhood, and the program still works with them for a while. It's not an inpatient facility, it's an RTC; they're different.
I will look into Rachel's place also, but she may be too functional. She will not need full time therapy after RTC. She's not leaving until she can be ok with basic living.

Have you been in discussion on her transition plan?
When you says she’s not leaving until she’s okay with basic living - does that include the day treatment at the end of the program or this would be in place of that transition?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:32 am
She wouldn't leave until she has completed the transition part of the program which her RTC provides. They would have to be comfortable with her moving on.
She is open to Israel before college, so depending what we see as options....

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 7:48 am
For boys, Neve Tzion

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 4:09 am
Shearim has a fabulous program, as does Midreshet Rachel, though both are more geared for people whom are interested on their own in Judaism.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics