Home

Coat for 15-month-old girl that is actually WARM
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Shopping

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:11 am
Preferably available online and not over $30-$40. I will probably get a coat in 24 months so that it lasts the whole winter.

I don't want a snowsuit because it'll be an absolute pain. The problem is that it looks like all the coats for kids this age are like thin jackets!
Back to top

amother




Blush


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:18 am
I dressed my children till age 5 in Hanna Anderson jackets.

https://www.hannaandersson.com.....D_BwE

Extremely warm, easy for a child to put on himself. Zipper is well made.very cozy.
Great for sensory children.

https://www.hannaandersson.com.....D_BwE
Back to top

amother




Orange


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:18 am
You are asking for too much. Can I recommend a $ 60 headband instead?
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:20 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
You are asking for too much. Can I recommend a $ 60 headband instead?


Which part was too much?

The price, the warmth, or the practicality?
Back to top

amother




Orange


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which part was too much?

The price, the warmth, or the practicality?


All three together.

Sorry this was really just a response to another thread regarding clothing for kids.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 12:31 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
All three together.

Sorry this was really just a response to another thread regarding clothing for kids.


I know, I posted on that thread. I probably should've put a wink to explain that I was deadpanning.

Seriously, though, can you give me a recommendation that is at least warm for an anticipated freezing winter and not too expensive?
Back to top


srbmom




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 4:45 am
https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent
Back to top

amother




Burlywood


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 5:14 am
In all seriousness, are you looking for a coat for a car seat, stroller , or walking outside. Depending on your need the best type of coat will differ.
In a Car seat, puffer coats are a no no, but if you’re not driving, children’s place has puffer coats I think.
For a stroller, you’re best off with just a good bunting - I ordered mine in Walmart.com.
Back to top

sky




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 7:06 am
Very warm coats at that price point is hard.

What are you doing with 15 month old? If walking outside for hours then you may need to go higher.

If it is quick in and out then children’s place or old navy has always worked well for me at that age. For longer walks I’ll layer with a sweatshirt or use a bunting or blanket in the carriage.

(They aren’t taking the bus or playing in the snow at this age so diff needs)

For the future buying in advance can save a lot. I buy at the end of the year from lands end for my older kids in that price range.
Back to top

sky




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 7:08 am
srbmom wrote:
https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=473796012&cid=8770&pcid=8770&vid=1&grid=pds_18_56_1&cpos=18&cid=CategoryIDs%3D8770&ctype=Listing&cpid=res637069849054250385#pdp-page-content


Thank you for posting this.
There is also a 10% off coupon. (Now I need to find out if o can buy it on Chol Hamoed)
Back to top

amother




Slategray


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 7:49 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
In all seriousness, are you looking for a coat for a car seat, stroller , or walking outside. Depending on your need the best type of coat will differ.
In a Car seat, puffer coats are a no no, but if you’re not driving, children’s place has puffer coats I think.
For a stroller, you’re best off with just a good bunting - I ordered mine in Walmart.com.


Can you post a link
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:29 am
I got the layered children place jacket and was very happy. Warm enough for walks.
Back to top

amother




Firebrick


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:29 am
Check out the toffee padded jacket on next direct site in the younger girls section. I bought it last week for $29. It is cute and thick, rated "warmest, for very cold weather" note that they run very big you would want to order a size down.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 9:12 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
In all seriousness, are you looking for a coat for a car seat, stroller , or walking outside. Depending on your need the best type of coat will differ.
In a Car seat, puffer coats are a no no, but if you’re not driving, children’s place has puffer coats I think.
For a stroller, you’re best off with just a good bunting - I ordered mine in Walmart.com.


For the most part, we're in and out of the car, but because parking is terrible, a lot of times I'm walking a little distance with the kids to get them home.

My sister bought her this coat. https://www.amazon.com/Urtrend.....=8-11 How on earth will that be warm enough for the winter in NY, though?
Back to top

amother




Burlywood


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 9:53 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Can you post a link


I can't link on my phone, but it's Jolly Jumper Snuggle Bag for Strollers or Front-facing Car Seats
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 9:56 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I got the layered children place jacket and was very happy. Warm enough for walks.


Link please?

Warm enough for walks during the dead of winter?
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 10:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For the most part, we're in and out of the car, but because parking is terrible, a lot of times I'm walking a little distance with the kids to get them home.

My sister bought her this coat. https://www.amazon.com/Urtrend.....=8-11 How on earth will that be warm enough for the winter in NY, though?

That coat, or should I say jacket, should be used now for Succos weather.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 10:05 am
ra_mom wrote:
That coat, or should I say jacket, should be used now for Succos weather.


That's what I'm using it for.

So then which coat should I get for the winter? Everything advertised is a jacket!
Back to top

amother




Bisque


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 10:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's what I'm using it for.

So then which coat should I get for the winter? Everything advertised is a jacket!


15th month olds don't typically wear coats.

how is 15 month old getting from car to house? Are you carrying her?
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Shopping

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Inexpensive warm bubble mens coat where to buy
by amother
3 Today at 12:13 am View last post
Pediatrician who is warm and patient in Boro park 12 Yesterday at 11:44 pm View last post
by bnm
FREEZING. Warm boots for me and my small dd
by amother
4 Yesterday at 4:20 pm View last post
S13 girls coat or similar
by amother
33 Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:13 pm View last post
by bnm
Winter coat for 7 yr old boy in Lakewood
by amother
3 Sun, Nov 10 2019, 10:27 pm View last post

Jump to: