Home

CNN Exposed
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


gold21




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 20 2019, 3:11 am
marina wrote:
I’ll start worrying about CNN when their CEO becomes a White House Chief Strategist.

You know, kind of like you worried so much about Breitbart and Steve Bannon.


You should worry about CNN. An honest media is vital to the health of a country. The media has an incredible amount of power.
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 20 2019, 3:15 am
But its the same story every time

Partisan politics

Those who align with democrats will defend them no matter what

Those who align with republicans will usually defend them no matter what- though there's definitely more give on this side of the aisle (anti Trumpers etc)

It's zombie politics. Welcome aboard. Leave your brain at the front door.

So if you're a democrat, CNN did nothing wrong, and nothing will change your mind. And the same time, Trump is guilty even without proof. Yes, shaifele. OK.

Sigh.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 20 2019, 6:48 am
WhatFor wrote:
James O'Keefe is not an investigative journalist, he's a political activist who has been caught multiple times trying to plant false stories, and doctoring footage to misrepresent things other people have said. He has long tried to discredit proper media outlets - trying to blur the line between fact and opinion, so that people stop believing there's such a thing as an objective truth.

I wouldn't click on his website or any of his videos to go into why or why not I don't agree because not everything online merits any audience, much less my own audience. Same as I wouldn't entertain anything that Alex Jones has to say. Is it possible Alex Jones could post something truthful? Sure, but I don't care as he's deliberately misled people time and again, and there are plenty of trustworthy media outlets out there from where I can get my news.

Simply put, if you need to rely on James O'Keefe to make a point, there's a good chance your point is meritless.

I thought his sting operation re: Project Acorn 10 years ago was pretty revealing, and the undercover footage he got from Planned Parenthood about selling baby parts was quite shocking.

The interviews with ex Google employees and Instagram employees was quite revealing (YouTube scrubbed many of the videos, and Twitter threatened to ban anyone even referring to them, so it's possible you may have missed out).

It's all a bit muckrakey for sure, but it's documented, and transparent, and has uncovered a lot of very interesting irregularities in how large corporations and govt-allied institutions operate.

Alex Jones kinda just makes stuff up; the only reason to equate the two is to smear someone because you don't like what the bright light of sunshine reveals.
Back to top

Laiya




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 20 2019, 10:21 am
Jeanette wrote:
Quote:

Again, accusing a poster of intentionally misleading is odd given that she literally provided a link to the source citation. These types of personal accusations are what make these threads hostile.


The headline was hers. The link was to Trump's lawyer's letter which was NOT a lawsuit. So Fox does bear responsibility for the claim.

Also if you want to introduce material for the purpose of discussion, because you find it interesting and thought provoking and you want to encourage an exchange of viewpoints, it's helpful to consider the source first. Is this generally considered a credible source? Is there any reason why this source might be considered NOT credible? Trying to plant a fake rape story in WaPo so you can scream "fake news" is something that should discredit a source forever, but not in this case apparently. So, why might that be?


Yes, she bears responsibility for saying Trump sued rather than he threatened to sue. But she linked directly to the letter threatening to sue! Not an article discussing what he did, but the source itself. Most people, if not all people, do occasionally misspeak or use a wrong word in casual communication; and she then clarified. Accusing her of attempting to misrepresent in this case just reads as mean-spirited.
Back to top

marina




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 20 2019, 12:51 pm
Fox wrote:
Lol! "Information provided by Will Sommer" LOL LOL LOL

Project Veritas has been sued repeatedly and has never yet lost. The one occasion they settled involved permission to film, not deceptive editing or anything of that ilk.

So precisely how do you claim Project Veritas is misleading in these videos?


Do you know why they’ve never lost? Because it’s almost impossible to successfully sue a media outlet due to First Amendment and difficult to meet defamation standards. That’s also why suing CNN would be a waste of time and isn’t going to happen.
Back to top

marina




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 20 2019, 1:00 pm
Fox wrote:
Are you intentionally missing the point?

No one would care if CNN were biased and acknowledged it. After all, MSNBC has a left-of-center bias which they happily admit. The problem is not necessarily the bias; the problem is consistently claiming that there is no bias when there clearly is -- and your employees confirm it.

I'm beginning to wonder if you even watched the footage.


I’m not planning to waste any minutes of my life watching these clips. I don’t rely on CNN for news and don’t care that one biased outlet is accusing another one of ... bias (shocking!) or that some shill attorneys wrote a whiny letter.

These things happen all day every day which is why media outlets and whiny politicians all keep lawyers busy. Not even remotely interesting.
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 20 2019, 1:50 pm
gold21 wrote:
But its the same story every time

Partisan politics

Those who align with democrats will defend them no matter what

Those who align with republicans will usually defend them no matter what- though there's definitely more give on this side of the aisle (anti Trumpers etc)

It's zombie politics. Welcome aboard. Leave your brain at the front door.


So if you're a democrat, CNN did nothing wrong, and nothing will change your mind. And the same time, Trump is guilty even without proof. Yes, shaifele. OK.

Sigh.


As a Democrat I couldn't agree more.

But let's not forget, sources do matter...!
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 2:45 am
WhatFor wrote:
James O'Keefe is not an investigative journalist, he's a political activist who has been caught multiple times trying to plant false stories, and doctoring footage to misrepresent things other people have said. He has long tried to discredit proper media outlets - trying to blur the line between fact and opinion, so that people stop believing there's such a thing as an objective truth.

I asked for sources on this almost two weeks ago, and I deliberately gave plenty of time for a response.

Crickets. Time to move along to other threads.

Sorry, but that's not going to work.

After all the times various Imamothers have wrung their hands over President Trump's alleged attacks on a "free press" and have reminded us all of the role of the press as a check and balance, you now refuse to even consider rather significant evidence that a large, well-funded journalistic outlet has been engaged in blindly partisan news reporting and deliberately lied about it.

After all the times various Imamothers have wrung their hands over alleged Russian interference, you now refuse to view evidence that a major news organization regularly attempts to sway public opinion based on a personal vendetta.

After all the times various Imamothers have decried s-xual harassment, evidence of such actions at the highest levels of CNN are ignored.

And then you spread lies while pretending that evidence of a news organization acting as a political operative is beneath your attention.

When asked for the sources of these lies, you simply disappear.

So what happened to all those calls for the press to serve as a check and balance? For stopping opaque attempts to influence elections? For s-xual abusers to be held accountable?

The answer is obvious: as long as the media's guns are aimed at President Trump, you are willing to waive all requirements of professionalism and standards of journalistic integrity. What is more, you don't want to be reminded of that blatant double-standard.


Last edited by Fox on Sun, Nov 03 2019, 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 2:54 am
marina wrote:
I’m not planning to waste any minutes of my life watching these clips. I don’t rely on CNN for news and don’t care that one biased outlet is accusing another one of ... bias (shocking!) or that some shill attorneys wrote a whiny letter.

These things happen all day every day which is why media outlets and whiny politicians all keep lawyers busy. Not even remotely interesting.

If I understand correctly, your rebuttal is (a) I don't care; and (b) I don't watch CNN so it doesn't matter.

I must admit to being somewhat surprised. You've mentioned in the past the role of the press as a check and balance in preserving freedom. Here we have a case of a major news outlet that is apparently reporting news in a partisan manner -- and deliberately without transparency -- in order to sway opinion. I would think that would interest you.

However, the strategy of "I won't lower myself to view evidence I might not like" tells us all we need to know. Because Project Veritas makes raw footage available, it's very, very hard to refute. Better to pretend you have more important things to do than face the truth about what the press has become.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 12:39 pm
Quote:
But its the same story every time 

Partisan politics 

Those who align with democrats will defend them no matter what 

Those who align with republicans will usually defend them no matter what- though there's definitely more give on this side of the aisle (anti Trumpers etc)

It's zombie politics. Welcome aboard. Leave your brain at the front door. 

So if you're a democrat, CNN did nothing wrong, and nothing will change your mind. And the same time, Trump is guilty even without proof. Yes, shaifele. OK. 

Sigh.


You write this as though nobody ever changes or ever votes for a member of the opposite party. I was a Republican until Trump. There is no way I would accept or excuse Trump-like behavior in a Democrat. Why would I?

I did not vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012. I never saw behavior like this in any president in my lifetime. For all the excuses that "all presidents do it" and the media just doesn't report on it, right wing media was alive and well during the Obama administration. I heard all about fast and furious and Benghazi. None of Obama's so-called scandals come anywhere close to what Trump does routinely. It's not like I would be perfectly happy with a Democratic president who does the exact thing that Trump does. I don't want to see this behavior in ANY president from ANY party.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 4:42 pm
Jeanette wrote:
None of Obama's so-called scandals come anywhere close to what Trump does routinely.

While not directly related to this thread, this statement is such a whopper that it demands rebuttal.

Benghazi and Fast and Furious
These were "scandals" in which people actually lost their lives as a direct result of Obama administration actions or lack thereof. In both cases, there was obfuscation on the part of the Obama administration regarding its role.

Green Energy Loans
The Obama administration funneled $80 billion of the stimulus bill to loans to companies pursuing green energy solutions -- companies that just happened to have supported his campaign. The most famous, Solyndra, got $500 million even though the DOE knew that they were nearly bankrupt.

Companies that were not campaign supporters (and thus weren't awarded contracts) found that proprietary knowledge contained in their proposals was funneled to contract awardees.

VA Mismanagement

The VA backlog had been decreasing steadily during George W. Bush's administration. However, during President Obama's first term, it went from 390,000 outstanding claims to 884,000. The WH had been warned repeatedly that the VA was using falsified lists to minimize the appearance of the problem, but Attorney General Eric Holder refused to open an investigation.

It is estimated that 390,000 veterans died awaiting treatment.

IRS Targeting Scandal
The federal government only recently settled cases brought by non-profit organizations that were either denied tax-exempt status or had their applications slow-rolled. Virtually all of these were "Tea Party organizations that were flagged for political reasons.

The actions were not taken at regional IRS centers, but out of Washington. Lois Lerner, Director of Exempt Organizations, invoked the Fifth Amendment and refused to answer questions during Congressional hearings.

Obstruction of Justice
Starting in 2009, the Obama administration did everything possible to prevent transparency and prevent review by Congress. By his second term, 47 of 73 inspectors general signed an open letter to Congress alleging obstructin of justice, claiming that the Obama administration refused to give them routine access to information needed to proceed in their roles.

Spying on Media

The Obama administration repeatedly used the Espionage Act of 1917 to get access to phone records and track the movements of reporters. Journalists were openly complaining by the end of Obama's second term, with veteran reports claiming that President Obama was far more secretive than President Nixon had been.

Voter Intimidation and the New Black Panther Party
In 2008, members of the New Black Panther Party (which was classified as a hate group by the SLPC -- which is saying a lot!) stood outside voting locations in Philadelphia menacing voters. The DOJ filed a lawsuit, but Attorney General Eric Holder quietly dismissed it within a few months after taking office.

GSA Spending
The General Services Administration -- the agency that is essentially the procurement office for the government -- spent excessively on travel and entertainment for employees. And this wasn't just a steak dinner instead of stopping at a diner. One regional director was sentenced to 3 months in prison for his role, and the Director resigned, admitting culpability.

Sestak Job Offer
Most of the scandals involved at least moderate levels of cover-up, but the Obama administration openly admitted to offering a job to Joe Sestak of Pennsylvania to prevent him from running against Arlen Specter for Senate. The offer was made after Sestak beat Specter in a primary, and the Obama administration delayed a Congressional inquiry until after Sestak was beaten in a general election.

Insider Trading
The Vistria Group, run by long-time Obama confidant Marty Nesbitt, swooped in to pick up Phoenix University at fire-sale prices immediately after the DOE tightened rules on for-profit colleges. Several other regulation-based fire-sales benefited the Vistria Group as well. At each juncture, the Vistria Group had their financing set up in advance of the regulation changes that made the purchase possible.
___________________________________

Not all these scandals are equal. But the worst involve needless loss of life.

How many times did the WH need to be warned that the VA was misleadng them? Yet they not only didn't address the problem; they refused to investigate it in any meaningful way. President Trump had a revised private care plan for veterans in place within less than 1 1/2 years after his inauguration. Expensive and imperfect, but better than veterans committing suicide in VA hospital parking lots because they can't get an appointment for 3-6 months.

Yes, President Obama spoke beautifully and European leaders loved his endless kowtowing. But to compare the cavalier loss of life his administration oversaw with Trump's administration so far is a travesty.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:05 pm
Fox wrote:
If you consider CNN a relatively neutral source of information, you might want to re-think that. And definitely keep in mind what's been revealed when you see someone quote CNN as an authoritative source. For more information and additional footage, go to Project Veritas's website: Project Veritas

Note: there is some strong language in some of the videos.







Pres. Trump was right from day one when he labeled them and the rest of the left wing MSM “fake news!” Zucker using the term to describe FOX is a study in projection!
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:17 pm
Fox wrote:
Trump Sues CNN

Can't wait for discovery in this action!


Wow! That’s great, but he needs to go after MSDNC as well!
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:20 pm
Squishy wrote:
No one who can fog a mirror thinks CNN is a relatively neutral source of information.

Liberals don't believe the stuff they spout. They wouldn't need to lie, twist, and silence others if their message was truthful.


The best proof of that is when they admitted Schiff was caught lying numerous times in his many witch hunts against the president, yet in the next breath they cite his carefully chosen leaks from the closed door impeachment “inquiry” as if they’re credible and trustworthy!
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:21 pm
marina wrote:
Did you read this? It's not even a complaint. There's no action. It's a silly demand for money and one that CNN will treat like Erdogan treated Trump's joke of a letter.

Just ironic that - in a post decrying lack of accuracy in journalism - you opted to literally invent fake news. No lawsuit has been filed.


Oh wow, talk about deflection! That’s you’re takeaway? Not a word about all the proof of 24/7 bias? Can’t say I’m surprised...
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:22 pm
Laiya wrote:
An odd accusation, given that she posted the link to the source


Yes, otherwise known as deflection for lack of ability to refute the point.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:24 pm
Fox wrote:
Still waiting for your thoughts on the role of CNN in disguising their intent to influence voters.


Don’t hold your breath. You’ve gotten the deflection, I mean, their response.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:27 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Wow! That’s great, but he needs to go after MSDNC as well!

It would be lovely to have discovery, but I doubt it will happen.

What must be pointed out, though, is that MSNBC is not nearly as reviled as CNN despite being as much anti-Trump as anyone. The difference is that they're more transparent; they acknowledge that they are reporting from a left-of-center perspective. CNN is a much different animal. They claim to be as objective as possible when clearly that's not the case.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:29 pm
marina wrote:
I’ll start worrying about CNN when their CEO becomes a White House Chief Strategist.

You know, kind of like you worried so much about Breitbart and Steve Bannon.


Typical what-about-ism, typically used when one has nothing to support their own position.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:34 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Don’t hold your breath. You’ve gotten the deflection, I mean, their response.

Curious, isn't it, that everyone's time becomes so valuable whenever information doesn't support their narrative. Why, they're simply as busy as bees! Way too busy to watch a bit of difficult-to-refute footage!
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Why don’t CNN/MSNBC report this?
by Cheiny
34 Fri, Jul 05 2019, 7:50 am View last post
4 month old exposed to measles. WWYD?
by amother
14 Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:23 pm View last post
CNN Assumes their viewers can’t think on their own
by Cheiny
4 Sun, Mar 17 2019, 5:10 pm View last post
CNN And Anti Semitism
by Cheiny
38 Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:23 am View last post
Scared I was exposed to Asbestos
by amother
7 Sun, Mar 10 2019, 3:54 pm View last post

Jump to: