Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Aliya

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:08 am
Hey imas;)
I'm a us citizen, married to an Israeli. We live in Europe on shlichut. In order for my husband's bituach leumi to not be cancelled I need to receive Israeli citizenship.
Any advice for how to go about it...
I'm not planning on actually living in Israel. Not even for a month.....
I assume its possible from the us . I'll b there soon iyh to give birth for abt a three month period....

Thanks in advance for any advice:)

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:10 am
That sounds complicated. I suggest you call the Jewish Agency directly, and find out what the rules are.

DrMom

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:44 am
Not sure you can acquire Israeli citizenship if not by birth or residency in Israel.

https://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/abo......aspx

Quote:
Israel's Nationality Law relates to persons born in Israel or resident therein, as well as to those wishing to settle in the country, regardless of race, religion, creed, relations or political belief. Citizenship may be acquired by:

Birth
The Law of Return
Residence
Naturalization

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 3:29 am
770613 wrote:
Hey imas;)
I'm a us citizen, married to an Israeli. We live in Europe on shlichut. In order for my husband's bituach leumi to not be cancelled I need to receive Israeli citizenship.
Any advice for how to go about it...
I'm not planning on actually living in Israel. Not even for a month.....
I assume its possible from the us . I'll b there soon iyh to give birth for abt a three month period....

Thanks in advance for any advice:)
The only way to become a citizen of Israel is to either be born here, make aliyah or have Israeli parents and get citizenship that way.
So it is very unlikely that you will be able to get israeli citizenship if you never live here.
Also, why do you assume that it is possible from the us but not fro europe (if it is possible at all)?

ETA: just saw drmom's response.

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 3:54 am
DrMom wrote:
Not sure you can acquire Israeli citizenship if not by birth or residency in Israel.

https://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/abo......aspx

Quote:
Israel's Nationality Law relates to persons born in Israel or resident therein, as well as to those wishing to settle in the country, regardless of race, religion, creed, relations or political belief. Citizenship may be acquired by:

Birth
The Law of Return
Residence
Naturalization

I didn't know non-Jews can naturalize here.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 5:29 am
Rappel wrote:
I didn't know non-Jews can naturalize here.

They can, but when you are not covered under the Law of Return it is a lot harder. I suspect that under international law we would not be allowed to limit citizenship to only Jews. Any country accepts immigrants, but they can set their own conditions for naturalisation.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:26 am
Elfrida wrote:
They can, but when you are not covered under the Law of Return it is a lot harder. I suspect that under international law we would not be allowed to limit citizenship to only Jews. Any country accepts immigrants, but they can set their own conditions for naturalisation.

Almost all, except a few. Saudi Arabia absolutely does not accept immigrants. You can get a work permit, or a visitor's visa, but you will never be a citizen unless you are born there.

Lebanon will not give citizenship to Palestinians, and most other Muslim dominant countries will also not accept Palestinians. Jordan certainly won't take them. It's considered better to leave them where they are, to be a thorn in Israel's side.

Most Muslim countries will not accept non-Muslim immigrant applications, except under certain circumstances. You can't immigrate to Syria if you're a Christian, but you can if you're going to join ISIS.

/sorry, thread derail!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics