Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
If u have boy short hair under ur tichel

thegiver

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 5:08 am
Is it annoying? Does it stay in the tichel? My hair is only short enough for a pony tail but it is still too heavy. ( how long does jt take to grow back to shoulder)

On the flipside can u recommend any light tichels? The wraps are heavy and my husbans thinks the pretied are ugly.

BadTichelDay

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:34 am
I had kind of boy short hair for a while, a mushroom cut to the upper end of my ears and the neck shaved. It stayed well under the tichel/scarf, better than long hair in my opinion. But I didn't like the look with tichel on - too flat, not enough volume underneath and at the back (I don't use poofy preformed shapers). So I grew my hair back, it took over a year, and wear it in a wrapped up bun again. You are looking for light tichels? I'd use thin cotton ones for that, not pre-tied. Can't think of anything lighter. Synthetic materials tend to slip and can be sweaty.

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:45 am
I cut my hair to a #8 after I gave birth. It was super-freeing, but I had a problem with "peyot" sticking out, since they were too short to stay under my velvet headband. Next time, I think I'll cut it to 2 inches.

(Also, if you do cut your hair short: I recommend wear a squar mitpachat with the tail open. The breeze ruffles your hair inside the mitpachat, and it feels amazing.)

Last edited by Rappel on Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

jewwoman

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:47 am
I use scarves which I tie myself. They are square and I fold them into a triangle and tie them myself. Comfy lightweight and look pretty.

hodeez

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 9:09 am
Another vote for square scarves

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 9:12 am
Have your hair thinned instead of cutting it shorter.

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 12:23 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Have your hair thinned instead of cutting it shorter.

Wait. What? Why???

Then you have the least of both worlds: your hair is no longer luxurious, but you still have to take care of it.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 12:27 pm
Rappel wrote:
Wait. What? Why???

Then you have the least of both worlds: your hair is no longer luxurious, but you still have to take care of it.

She said even at a length just long enough to put into a pony, her hair is too heavy. Sounds like it's very thick. Short thick hair not being able to be pulled back and pinned in place will be much harder to manage under a wig and hair covering.

Window

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 4:35 pm

Last edited by Window on Sun, Oct 08 2023, 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

thegiver

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 4:16 pm
qwertyqwerty wrote:
My hair is boy short. I shave in front of my ears, otherwise it will be poking out even with a sheitel. It is so comfortable. No hairs stick out, but my hair is of a rougher texture, I have no idea about fine, silky hair. Best part is that I don’t have a stupid looking “cupcake” bump in the back of my sheitel

And your husband what does he think about it? Lets say your tichel slides off when you sleep

mimimom

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 8:29 am
I"ve worn mine short for years and I wouldn't trade it! SOOO much easier to wrap and cooler in the summer.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 8:33 am
Rappel wrote:
I cut my hair to a #8 after I gave birth. It was super-freeing, but I had a problem with "peyot" sticking out, since they were too short to stay under my velvet headband. Next time, I think I'll cut it to 2 inches.

(Also, if you do cut your hair short: I recommend wear a squar mitpachat with the tail open. The breeze ruffles your hair inside the mitpachat, and it feels amazing.)

That's a great tip! I just gave birth and also cut to #8 because my hair started shedding and I was going nuts

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 8:36 am
I shave it and love it! everything stays on better.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 9:50 am
Curious about dh opinion about boy hairCuts or shaving? I’m not referring to in the chasidic community where it is a part of a bigger value system

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 10:04 am
qwertyqwerty wrote:
My hair is boy short. I shave in front of my ears, otherwise it will be poking out even with a sheitel. It is so comfortable. No hairs stick out, but my hair is of a rougher texture, I have no idea about fine, silky hair. Best part is that I don’t have a stupid looking “cupcake” bump in the back of my sheitel

Me too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels