Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
The specified URL cannot be found

myname1

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 9:35 am
I get this error message when I try to sign into my bank account from Israel. I called the bank and mistakenly told them I'm in Israel, so they said the internet works differently here, so they cannot take responsibility for it or help me. They said if someone in the US signs in and gets the same message, they'll be able to fix it. So I had someone in the US sign in for me, and it worked for them. I used 3 different browsers. Any idea what's wrong or how to fix?

blessedflower

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 9:57 am
You can change your ip adress to the US. It should solve the problem

myname1

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:06 am
Very interesting... can you possibly give me more info on that? Can I do it just for this one thing, or is it for everything? Will it have other effects?

blessedflower

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:22 am
It doesn't have much effect. You can change it back if it bothers you or disturbs you. But I think it would be annoying to keep changing it.
I wanted to download a certain app but it was only possible in that country the app was made for so I changed my ip adress, downloaded the app and changed it back afterwards.
My dh did it for me. I don't know much about technology. I can ask him how if you would like.

myname1

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:28 am
If you could ask him, I'd really appreciate it. I googled, and it looks like some VPN sites charge and some don't. It also looks like that site gets all the info you type when you're using it. Since I'll be doing banking, I'd obviously rather it be as reputable as possible. Thank you so much, I was losing hope of being able to continue with this bank!

blessedflower

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:48 am
It's a setting that has to be changed.
I asked my dh. He said on a computer it's a little more complicated than on a smartphone. He also said something about vpn, no idea what. He didn't have any time to explain. I'll get back to you soon when he gets home.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:51 am
I think your best bet would to be by starting to clear ur computer browsers cookies and temporary files.
This is assuming that you used to be able to access the bank until recently

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:58 am
Try hola. Its a free google chrome add on.

blessedflower

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 12:45 pm
He recommends you put a vpn from a popular company, better one that charges. Also maybe ask the person you would go to for any computer work. Changing ip is not so simple as I thought

myname1

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 2:41 pm
Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to help! I have a strong filter on my computer, so hola was blocked. But I found and installed Browsec for firefox, which looks like basically the same thing. It made a button at the top and when I clicked it, I was able to choose "United States." So I thought I was done, but when I tried to go to the bank's website (or any website) I get an error page- Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Any ideas??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics