Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Rome in January

rd0715

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 4:30 pm
We will be in Rome in January any ideas for trips and restaurants and best option for shabatt
plus any other destination in Italy during winter month
will be there for 10 days
thank you

doctorima

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 5:03 pm
It will be cold! You don't need 10 days in Rome, so definitely divide up your time. Venice is lovely for Shabbos, though we were there when the weather was nicer. I would do 3 days Rome, 3 days Venice (including Shabbos), 2 days Florence/Pisa/Tuscany, and the remaining time could go to Milan, Cinque Terre, Lake Como, or extra time in Rome/Venice/Tuscany.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:11 pm
doctorima wrote:
It will be cold! You don't need 10 days in Rome, so definitely divide up your time. Venice is lovely for Shabbos, though we were there when the weather was nicer. I would do 3 days Rome, 3 days Venice (including Shabbos), 2 days Florence/Pisa/Tuscany, and the remaining time could go to Milan, Cinque Terre, Lake Como, or extra time in Rome/Venice/Tuscany.

I agree. I was just there in September. Three days was More than enough time. We did three days Rome. Three days Venice (including Shabbos) three days Florence/Tuscany, one day Milan.
We could have done less in each place honestly.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:52 pm
We did 3 nights in Rome, Venice and Florence in the winter and I wish we spent more time in Rome. We loved our trip!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 2:53 am
Did 3 in Venice and one in Rome. Would of wanted to do more in Rome the colosseum was like a whole day trip with our tour. By the time we got food and finished eating we tourist shopped for a bit and were tired.

I would not do less than 3 in Venice. It's FULL of stuff to do and it's beautiful and breathtaking! Shopping, the jewish community and its history, lots of sightseeing, etc.

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 3:28 am
I would do 3-4 days in Rome, Fri-Mon in Venice and the rest as others have said.
There is SO MUCH to see in Rome.
I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend http://www.jewishrometours.com/romeforjews/
The guides are terrific and so knowledgeable.

There is no Eruv in Rome so Shabbat may be a little more difficult.
January will be cold so that may also affect how much you can do in one day. I was there in the summer and we packed a lot in every day.

You can take the train to Venice on Friday, check in and get your bearings, figure out how to walk from your hotel to the shuls and Chabad. Sunday - Murano and Burano. Monday - tour of Jewish ghetto and museum.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 6:11 am
I swear most people live in no eruv and it's just knowing the halacha. Enjoy! (I see why people oppose eruv when I see people unable to cope with a shabbes)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics