Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Netzach Yisrael in RBS

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:58 pm
My impression is that this school is the answer to the "fitting into school problem" for older elementary school age children of Olim...I am cautiously optimistic and excited to have found that this school has opened...do you send your children there? I would love to speak to someone with inside information about Netzach Yisrael. Tia

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 9:13 pm
I don't have children that age but a close friend of me has 5 children in the school.
Made aliyah, american yeshivish. Could not be happier.
Cannot recommend enough. Her older children always hated school; even in the USA and they are running out the door for this one!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 11:02 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I don't have children that age but a close friend of me has 5 children in the school.
Made aliyah, american yeshivish. Could not be happier.
Cannot recommend enough. Her older children always hated school; even in the USA and they are running out the door for this one!

Thank you so much for responding! That is so encouraging to hear!!! If anyone with any other information could please post, I would really appreciate it.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 3:38 am
I know several wonderful families there who are very happy. Some of them have learning issues and others had a hard time finding their place. New schools will always have their share of people like that, but it will eventually find its footing. They are very much looking to please.
I know the principal of the girls school from many years ago. She comes from a chashuv family but is very chilled. She is Israeli, but speaks perfect English, lived in NY for a while. Pleasant and dedicated.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 4:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much for responding! That is so encouraging to hear!!! If anyone with any other information could please post, I would really appreciate it.

The girls and boys have a basic uniform last time I heard. A shirt with a few buttons at the top any solid color and and a blue or black skirt. They learn secular studies, and have lots of exciting and engaging things for the kids. It's rare to find a school here with a decent hashkafa teaching elementary boys how to write and read english. 3 of the kids I know are learning how to read now and they love playing with bananagrams letters and guessing words and showing off they can read. It's such a good skill...even for girls it's generally taught at a very basic level here.

The classes also now are small so everyone is getting personal attention. The kids I know were very shy; had social anxiety, two had selective mutism and never opened their mouths when they were in school; one was being bullied in cheder. (All were very social and normal at home and amongst the neighbors).

Since moving there they are all doing so well, they bring home friends, talk about school all day, and are really flourishing.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 4:34 am
The girls uniforms are gorgeous - my girls are totally jealous. Teal shirts and gray skirts!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:06 am
Wow, it really sounds like a warm, sweet school, perfect for any child dealing with the challenges of moving to a foreign country. Thank you so much for this information! I am very interested and excited to see it for myself. Please keep informing me of any more information and insight!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My impression is that this school is the answer to the "fitting into school problem" for older elementary school age children of Olim...I am cautiously optimistic and excited to have found that this school has opened...do you send your children there? I would love to speak to someone with inside information about Netzach Yisrael. Tia

OP did you end up making Aliyah and sending here?? Looking for info. Thanks !

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 12:41 am
No, but we are hoping to make Aliyah this summer, b'ezras Hashem. This is still the school we have our eyes on. Please share any information you have with me as well!!! Thank you!

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 1:27 am
The younger grades in the girls school are very hard to get into.
You will really have to be a very outspoken type of person for them to really want you.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 1:29 am
We have lived in the neighborhood for many years. I think we are a nice family and I've gotten into every other school no problem but we couldn't even get an interview because we were told there were too full. It was very sad but my husband reminded me that God has a plan and obviously that was not the place for our child but I have heard really good things about it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 1:33 am
Keep davening, Hashem should guide all our children to the best fitting schools. Wishing hatzlacha to all!

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 1:40 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
We have lived in the neighborhood for many years. I think we are a nice family and I've gotten into every other school no problem but we couldn't even get an interview because we were told there were too full. It was very sad but my husband reminded me that God has a plan and obviously that was not the place for our child but I have heard really good things about it.

We literally had the same experience.
We are technically exactly the type of family the school would want. And we heard so many rave reviews about the school (girls). But when we got to the interview it was just really strange. The principle wasn't really interested in hearing from us at all. She literally did not ask us a thing. I felt like she was going to base her decision on our dress and social media accounts (which we don't really have...)
was really strange because all along I had heard that the parents felt that they had who to speak to....
So I am not sure about that, The principle seemed like she was in her low 30's.
I will add for context sake that we were excepted on the spot to a similar school in the neighborhood. So clearly we are not the issue as a family.
Some people claim that some kids aren't accepted due to the level of academics, but that can't be it either because my daughter started reading a week into Kita Alef. So I am really confused about that school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions