Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Sausages

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 9:32 pm
Hi Imas! My local butcher started making sausages so I decided to give it a try. I bought some bratwurst and now I'm trying to figure out how to cook it and the best way to serve. Anyone have tried and true sausage recipes?

(Anon because I've asked a bunch of friends for help already and no one knew)

flmommy

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 9:38 pm
I slice the sausage and sauté in a little oil in a frying pan with onions and sliced up peppers. Yum

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 9:38 pm
Sausage with onions and peppers on a roll. I remember that yummy combination from before keeping kosher. Maybe look up recipes for "sausage and peppers" and see what you get. I may try to check out pinterest for you and will post if I find something like what I remember.

Raisin

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 5:44 am
I just cook (in oven or grill pan) serve with mashed potatoes, peas. Or in a roll with fried onions.

chmom

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 6:13 am
Traditional Swiss method
Fry 4-5 onions till browned, add a little bit of tomato purée and red wine, salt and pepper to taste and cook it down to a jammy consistency
Keep warm
Fry the Bratwurst till well browned in a pan and serve with the onion sauce
Rösti goes well with it or just bread
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen