Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Headcoverings for "anti shaitel" movement
1  2  Next

lylac

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 11:08 pm
For lack of knowing what to call them, sorry, but does anyone know where to buy them online? I think they're a one-piece with a bow on the side. What is the movement called? I think this is different from wrapunzel, but im not sure. Thanks!

meme6

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 12:10 am
It’s called Esterista

Frumwithallergies

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 1:16 am
Do you have any images or pictures?

I googled Esterista but came up empty-handed.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 2:09 am
can you explain why this hair covering means they are anti wig?

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 2:57 am
A tichel?

myname1

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 4:07 am
I'm also very curious. Is this a "movement" in one particular place? It's something they wear specifically to show that they are anti-shaitels?

Gulabi

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 4:59 am
I never heard of an anti sheitel movement. I don't wear one because my hair is extremely long but I'm definitely not anti sheitel and hope no one would think that when they saw me in mispachot!

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 6:33 am
scottishjewgirl wrote:
I never heard of an anti sheitel movement. I don't wear one because my hair is extremely long but I'm definitely not anti sheitel and hope no one would think that when they saw me in mispachot!

Same - tichels, hats, whatever, are best for ME. I would hate for anyone to think I am part of an anti-anything movement! And the owner of Wrapunzel has time and time again, on video and writing, said she fully supports women wearing sheitels and is not part of any sort of movement.

lylac

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 7:53 am
I didnt mean any disrespect, but what I see/hear is that they took off their shaitels to only wear tichels, so maybe they're anti only for themselves? and I called it a movement because there are many ladies who've done this, particularly in my community, which I believe started with wrapunzel. Its a look. I just dont know where to get their tichel, it looks very pretty.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:09 am
The most logical answer would be to ask one of them. There is no need to be embarrassed; she will probably be flattered by the question and the implied compliment.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:18 am
lylac wrote:
I didnt mean any disrespect, but what I see/hear is that they took off their shaitels to only wear tichels, so maybe they're anti only for themselves? and I called it a movement because there are many ladies who've done this, particularly in my community, which I believe started with wrapunzel. Its a look. I just dont know where to get their tichel, it looks very pretty.

Andrea, the owner of Wrapunzel, did not start anything. She was living in Israel when she got married and did not feel pulled towards wigs. She liked the way many Israeli women wrapped their tichels. Volumizers/shapers/bobos were a thing in Israel already for a long time. She then moved to Chicago and then to Baltimore and brought it with her - she started off just posting her styles on her blog and then found a partner and opened a website. The partner left after a year and now she is the owner.

I think you are looking for the Judith de paris store, by what you have described. Scroll all the way to the bottom, its actually a 2-piece item. https://squareup.com/market/judith-de-paris/

meme6

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:26 am
This esterista is a cult where I live they convince ladies ur holier if you give up wig And how bad wig is etc. it has caused many shalom bayis issues since women do it and the men disagree with it. The women some look hideous.

Brownies

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:33 am
I’ve never heard of this movement but I was curious and did some googling and based on what you and meme6 said, this may be what you’re looking for?

https://www.esteriste.com/our-story

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:34 am
meme6 wrote:
This esterista is a cult where I live they convince ladies ur holier if you give up wig And how bad wig is etc. it has caused many shalom bayis issues since women do it and the men disagree with it. The women some look hideous.

I have no idea what Esterista is. But I do know that there are a few rabbis who do what you describe. They are very anti sheitel. This one rabbi that I know actually used Wrapunzel's images (stolen from the website) as part of their campaign! They put a stop to it.

meme6

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:44 am
Brownies wrote:
I’ve never heard of this movement but I was curious and did some googling and based on what you and meme6 said, this may be what you’re looking for?

https://www.esteriste.com/our-story

Yup this is it

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:46 am
meme6 wrote:
Yup this is it

That doesn’t look at all Colts like nor does it put anybody down who does not wear scarves, nor does it raise anybody up who does. I also checked out the blog which doesn’t do those things.

meme6

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:58 am
watergirl wrote:
That doesn’t look at all Colts like nor does it put anybody down who does not wear scarves, nor does it raise anybody up who does. I also checked out the blog which doesn’t do those things.

The blog is just a slight piece it’s very active where I live u gotta see feel it live with it to understand

krembo

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:00 am
Just to clarify for accuracy's sake, it wasn't Andrea who brought wrapping to the U.S. The woman she later started Wrapunzel with was the one who first inspired people and posted videos etc. about tichels and wrap styles (because people were asking her how to do her fabulous wrap styles). Andrea then started posting stuff too on her own site and they both contributed to the growth in popularity of wrap-style tichels in the U.S., and they eventually decided to pair up and start Wrapunzel. Because things didn't end well, a lot of videos and posts they created about their partnership were scrubbed from the internet or changed significantly, so it's easy to get the impression that Andrea was the primary moving force behind this wrapunzel thing, but that's not really the case.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:04 am
Apparently there is a movement in Monsey. I only know one person that switched her head covering because of it. And it was a relative of hers that told me she is part of this movement.
They often have meetings together etc., a support group, and I think this woman advertises her head coverings to those that want to cover but I don’t think she is the start of the movement. The movement is called something else and they have write ups about the miracles that will happen to you if you switch from a sheitel to a tichel etc.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:15 am
krembo wrote:
Just to clarify for accuracy's sake, it wasn't Andrea who brought wrapping to the U.S. The woman she later started Wrapunzel with was the one who first inspired people and posted videos etc. about tichels and wrap styles (because people were asking her how to do her fabulous wrap styles). Andrea then started posting stuff too on her own site and they both contributed to the growth in popularity of wrap-style tichels in the U.S., and they eventually decided to pair up and start Wrapunzel. Because things didn't end well, a lot of videos and posts they created about their partnership were scrubbed from the internet or changed significantly, so it's easy to get the impression that Andrea was the primary moving force behind this wrapunzel thing, but that's not really the case.

Thats not true. But it really does not matter and I am not going to further discuss because I dont want to give away who I am or how I know.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels