Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Headcoverings for "anti shaitel" movement
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:19 am
So, they look like a pre-tied that you could wear to a simcha. Very pretty, but I don't know if I'd spend $60 for one.

On the other hand, if you don't wear a sheitel for whatever reasons, and you really needed to match a formal gown, this would be the perfect place to shop.

2cents

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:32 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
So, they look like a pre-tied that you could wear to a simcha. Very pretty, but I don't know if I'd spend $60 for one.

On the other hand, if you don't wear a sheitel for whatever reasons, and you really needed to match a formal gown, this would be the perfect place to shop.

Beautiful. Just tried to purchase one actually....BUT they aren't $60

They're $180!!!!!!!!!

The pictures if each individual head covering are made of 3 coordinating pieces (shaper, cloch, and trim) and EACH ONE is $59.

A pity. I don't currently wear sheitels and these look really pretty.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:38 am
2cents wrote:
Beautiful. Just tried to purchase one actually....BUT they aren't $60

They're $180!!!!!!!!!

The pictures if each individual head covering are made of 3 coordinating pieces (shaper, cloch, and trim) and EACH ONE is $59.

A pity. I don't currently wear sheitels and these look really pretty.

You only need to invest in the shaper one time, and it looks like a mix-and-match concept, so its not really $180. But these are not for every day, its more of a fancy look, so I would compare it to the cost of getting your sheitel set for a simcha or YT or something. $60 is not bad for that. I think.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:42 am
Would one be able to utilize the same shape under multiple cloches? And I suppose you could mix and match different cliches and trims. In other words, a big initial investment, but once you have brought into the system it could work out quite well. And it does look good for formal/simcha wear. A rather sneaky way to set up the website, though.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:50 am
You could go without the shaper if you have very thick hair. I know a lot of sephardic women who keep their hair very long, and they need a loosely tied scarf or tichel to cover it all.

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:53 am
Elfrida wrote:
Would one be able to utilize the same shape under multiple cloches? And I suppose you could mix and match different cliches and trims. In other words, a big initial investment, but once you have brought into the system it could work out quite well. And it does look good for formal/simcha wear. A rather sneaky way to set up the website, though.

I just have a shaper and buy different accessories from ali to dress up scarves... no reason to pay for a whole prefab set.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:02 am
watergirl wrote:
Andrea, the owner of Wrapunzel, did not start anything. She was living in Israel when she got married and did not feel pulled towards wigs. She liked the way many Israeli women wrapped their tichels. Volumizers/shapers/bobos were a thing in Israel already for a long time. She then moved to Chicago and then to Baltimore and brought it with her - she started off just posting her styles on her blog and then found a partner and opened a website. The partner left after a year and now she is the owner.

I think you are looking for the Judith de paris store, by what you have described. Scroll all the way to the bottom, its actually a 2-piece item. https://squareup.com/market/judith-de-paris/

Me? I did t say anything

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:03 am
I had someone hound me for wearing a sheitel (online). I toldher sure, I will wear a headband and nothing else. She said it was better. That's when I understood it was not a pure concern but a warped problem.

I still dislike the inflated look.

2cents

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:07 am
Just checked, and although I originally thought each shaper is unique to the color scheme (based on the way the picture is labeled), it's not. Phew. So the shaper is a one time investment, then the over pieces are each $59. Still expensive but not as bad.

I don't yet wear scarves ever, but what I like about these was the shape of the shaper (more natural, not a big poof as if I have yards of thick, luxurious hair) and that its pretied. Still out of budget...but maybe. If there's a sale or clearance

watergirl

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:11 am
andrea levy wrote:
Me? I did t say anything

Not you. The owner.

Geulanow

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 2:02 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I had someone hound me for wearing a sheitel (online). I toldher sure, I will wear a headband and nothing else. She said it was better. That's when I understood it was not a pure concern but a warped problem.

I still dislike the inflated look.

From an email I received today.
"Most Rabbonim have long ago settled the matter and determined that it is a non-issue. There are some anti-Sheitel zealots* who have jumped on the bandwagon to make another brouhaha out of this issue. They are not quieting down and now claim to have “new” “information“ on the matter.
An excellent rebuttal of their claims in this matter can be heard on the famous Headlines radio program by Rabbi Dovid Licthenstien.
Listen here: http://podcast.headlinesbook.c.....orah/  and here: http://podcast.headlinesbook.c.....t-ii/ .
As far as I know, there is no reliable Hechsher. At least, those who are making the storm about this issue, claim so.
* Indeed, that is the right term to use here. Some even destroyed a Shul and Sifrei Torah due to its Sheitel wearers. They continuously falsify information and quotations in their anti-Sheitel rhetoric.
Please note that these halachos apply in general situations. In unique circumstances, a different halacha may apply. If you are unsure whether the halacha applies to your particular situation, please consult a Rov. For more Halachos log onto www.halacha2go.com
Supplementary material courtesy of www.AskTheRav.com under the auspices of Rabbi Braun, shlita

mimimom

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 11:27 am
Geulanow wrote:
From an email I received today.
"Most Rabbonim have long ago settled the matter and determined that it is a non-issue. There are some anti-Sheitel zealots* who have jumped on the bandwagon to make another brouhaha out of this issue. They are not quieting down and now claim to have “new” “information“ on the matter.
An excellent rebuttal of their claims in this matter can be heard on the famous Headlines radio program by Rabbi Dovid Licthenstien.
Listen here: http://podcast.headlinesbook.c.....orah/  and here: http://podcast.headlinesbook.c.....t-ii/ .
As far as I know, there is no reliable Hechsher. At least, those who are making the storm about this issue, claim so.
* Indeed, that is the right term to use here. Some even destroyed a Shul and Sifrei Torah due to its Sheitel wearers. They continuously falsify information and quotations in their anti-Sheitel rhetoric.
Please note that these halachos apply in general situations. In unique circumstances, a different halacha may apply. If you are unsure whether the halacha applies to your particular situation, please consult a Rov. For more Halachos log onto www.halacha2go.com
Supplementary material courtesy of www.AskTheRav.com under the auspices of Rabbi Braun, shlita

The discussion here is leaving out Sephardi poskim many of whom hold that a shaitel is NOT a suitable head covering. (HaRav Ovadia spoke on this topic many times) This may be part of the reason that Israeli women are so far ahead of others in beautiful wrapping options. DON'T flame me! I'm simply pointing out that the whole world isn't Ashkenazi

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 2:55 pm
But it is so much more enjoyable to look at others and criticize than to focus on yourself and work on to be the best Eved Hashem you can be.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 1:48 am
mimimom wrote:
The discussion here is leaving out Sephardi poskim many of whom hold that a shaitel is NOT a suitable head covering. (HaRav Ovadia spoke on this topic many times) This may be part of the reason that Israeli women are so far ahead of others in beautiful wrapping options. DON'T flame me! I'm simply pointing out that the whole world isn't Ashkenazi
And shockers here, but not all ashkenazi women believe wigs are the right way to go either.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels