Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Worried about toddler adjusting

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 8:23 am
Bh I am pregnant, and although it is is very early, I am already worried about how this will affect my now, 1.5 year old. The thing is I always wanted a large family, and hashem has afforded me the opportunity to work part time so I am mostly home with my boy now. Hes my first, and I love him so much more than I could even understand. I am really happy to be expecting again and iyh have another child, but I don't want my current ds to be feel jealous or neglected etc. Any advice on how you moms helped your children transition?
Thanks!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 9:46 am
https://www.janetlansbury.com/.....tion/

singleagain

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:00 am
I had this book growing up. And I recently refound it. It still holds up

Check this out at Amazon.com
The New Baby (Mr. Rogers) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0698.....YTP6T

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:12 am
It takes time. For the first two weeks I'd put the baby to sleep in a bedroom and close the door and give my toddler undivided attention. Considering that at that age they sleep a ton it works nicely. As the baby is awake more, I introduced them slowly, giving the baby kisses, touching toes etc.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:45 am
I had my first 3 in less than 3 years, and was lucky enough to be able to move in to my parents for the first week, so there were plenty of other people to hold the new baby, and I could dress the older ones after their baths, cuddle them, etc. None ever had problems adjusting to a new one.
Later on, 1 DD was 2.5 when the next baby was born, and although she was happy and fine, she was also wanting plenty of attention, so whatever the baby was doing, she also did. Baby was laying on the floor mat for tummy time, so did the toddler. Baby was laying with a blanket, so did the toddler. Baby was sitting on my lap, so did the toddler. Baby had a bath, so did the toddler... never turned into a problem either. Now heavily pregnant with another, the bigger ones cant wait and the current toddler obviously doesnt understand, but I dont feel a need to make a big deal about it, before or after the birth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics