Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If you started to wear pants...
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 7:57 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I wear a front with a hat or a tichel on Shabbos. At work I wear a lace front shaitel. I do not drive. Work is about 30 minutes away, but no one has ever seen me and would not cross paths. If I had to choose between pants or a skirt I'd obviously choose the skirt because I value my Chassidish lifestyle.

So every day you leave your house in a skirt, then change into pants at work? And then repeat, in reverse, before leaving work at the end of the day? Your co-workers never asked about that? Your dh and kids never asked why you take an extra bag of clothing with you every day? None of your family members ever saw your pants in the laundry? How does this work?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 8:02 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
No, no one ever sees me outside of work. Most people would have a hard time with that, but trust me. It would go against everything I believe because being very temimsdig is also a huge part of who I am to my neighbors. And I've become even more tzniusdig over the years BH. People can live like that it just takes a certain personality and to the amother who said this is horrible for Shalom Bayis. I can say one thing, dh and I dont argue, don't disrespect one another, dont hurt each other, and seriously have an amazing marriage. I'm not going to risk my marriage and my kids, my life, and who I am over something stupid like this and that will never impact him.

Trying to understand how keeping a secret about your mode of dress at work that your chassidish dh would possibly find disturbing (if he wouldn't, why keep it a secret), is NOT risking your marriage? Scratching Head

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 8:30 am
essie14 wrote:
I want to know if the Yeshivish/Chassidish women who wear these clothing items ask their LOR and why everyone else is obsessed with MO women asking their LOR about clothing. I have never heard of asking a rabbi about clothing. I think most Orthodox women can make their own decisions about tzniut. My rabbi would never answer a question about sheitel length.

My rabbi would answer questions about wigs but the person asking might not like the answer.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 8:49 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I wear a front with a hat or a tichel on Shabbos. At work I wear a lace front shaitel. I do not drive. Work is about 30 minutes away, but no one has ever seen me and would not cross paths. If I had to choose between pants or a skirt I'd obviously choose the skirt because I value my Chassidish lifestyle.

How do you get to/from work?
Where do you change?
Where do you keep your lace front wig at home - hidden? Out in the open?
Do you live in a big chassidishe community or on the outskirts?
You work in a completely non Jewish place and your husband is ok with it?

thanks

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 8:52 am
I didn't read every post in thus thread, but it makes me sad that people think that if someone dresses differently than you they cannot be toradig.
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics