Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why can’t I eat like everyone else
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 11:10 am
cookies6 wrote:
Why don't you change the amount of oil to 1 TBSP or even 1/2 and add a small amount of low fat protein?

Fat has a lot more calories than protein or grains. Fat does help you to feel full but protein will help with that as well.

Also, as mentioned above, do you weigh your food? If not, you may be eating more calories than you think you are.

I measure my oil-
Don’t measure veg - for salad I use a bag from Dole-16oz
I eye ball my protein option - about the size of my palm.
When I took out the oil and had only egg whites as my protein option I did lose weight, but that’s not sustainable and I was hungry and tired ALL THE TIME.

cookies6

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 11:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I measure my oil-
Don’t measure veg - for salad I use a bag from Dole-16oz
I eye ball my protein option - about the size of my palm.
When I took out the oil and had only egg whites as my protein option I did lose weight, but that’s not sustainable and I was hungry and tired ALL THE TIME.

Don't eliminate the oil, just substitute some protein for some of those calories. 2 tablespoons of oil is 240 calories. That's a large percentage of your daily calories. And you're doing that twice a day.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 11:37 am
If your metabolism seems unusually low, you need to see a doctor to rule out possible causes and find a solution.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 11:52 am
Your food plan looks low enough to me that you should be able to lose weight so no advice from me I'm not a nutritionist!
And I have the same 30/35 lbs to lose!!
One thing I noticed you said you do 55 minutes of pilates ,is that all you do?
Maybe you should switch your exercise routine? Do pilates twice a week if you enjoy it and the other days do aerobics, weights, a dance class, running....
Maybe that would help! Good luck!

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 12:45 pm
Some pointers in random order:
1) Yes, many people need to consume 1000-1200 calories a day to lose.
2) It's not only about calories; it's about what kind of calories. Fat vs protein vs carbs vs fruits vs vegetables. Some calories actually help your body lose more calories while others make you crave more.
3) Aerobic exercise - 20 minutes of intense (that you can't talk through it) 5 times a week
4) Build up muscle in order to lose more fat and increase your metabolism. Try to eat not long after aerobic exercise; your body burns calories faster then.
5) Eat every 3 hours or so to keep your metabolism moving. Fasting puts your body into starvation mode and conserves every calorie.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you help me put together a food plan

More or less I eat the same thing almost daily

Breakfast 8ish
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
2 eggs
Lots of Cucumber or peppers or celery
Baggie filled

Lunch 12:30/1:00
Humungo salad (perhaps 16 oz of lettuce plus some sliced veg)
2 TBSP olive oil

Snack-
Decaf coffee with almond milk

Dinner 5:00ish
chicken/ground beef/protein
Another humungo salad with
2 TBSP olive oil
If I’m still hungry some cooked veg.

With this plan I don’t lose weight

I did start losing weight when the eggs were switched to egg whites, no protein the rest of the day except more egg whites , AND no oil on salad.
But it’s not sustainable and I was tired and hungry ALL day

ok, a--this is not enough food or nutrients. when your body is starving it holds onto weight for survival. b. try switching to vegetarian proteins or at least switching out some of them. Some people are sensitive to the cholesterol, saterated fat, hormnes, and antibiotics in animal products. Try following people on IG that follow plant based, whole food diets. You need a variety of nutrients--both macro (carb, protein, fat) and micro (vitamins and minerals). You are not getting enough of those. If you are cutting carbs to this degree, you need to be replacing that with a lot more fat! NO, fat does not make people fat.

You should def get blood work done. Things that stop weight loss: insulin/sugar problems. Thyroid problems, low vitamin D.

highly reccomend the cookbook "FOOD what the heck should I cook" by dr mark hyman.

mum22

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:05 pm
Pilates isn’t a high calorie burner.

I only lose on the weeks I run, it sort of wakes my body up. And the days I run I eat an extra 150 kcal snack.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:11 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Your food plan looks low enough to me that you should be able to lose weight so no advice from me I'm not a nutritionist!
And I have the same 30/35 lbs to lose!!
One thing I noticed you said you do 55 minutes of pilates ,is that all you do?
Maybe you should switch your exercise routine? Do pilates twice a week if you enjoy it and the other days do aerobics, weights, a dance class, running....
Maybe that would help! Good luck!

I have joint and back issues and find pilates helpful.
Other exercises are a bit hard on my joints.

flmommy

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:12 pm
OP how tall are you?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:14 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
ok, a--this is not enough food or nutrients. when your body is starving it holds onto weight for survival. b. try switching to vegetarian proteins or at least switching out some of them. Some people are sensitive to the cholesterol, saterated fat, hormnes, and antibiotics in animal products. Try following people on IG that follow plant based, whole food diets. You need a variety of nutrients--both macro (carb, protein, fat) and micro (vitamins and minerals). You are not getting enough of those. If you are cutting carbs to this degree, you need to be replacing that with a lot more fat! NO, fat does not make people fat.

You should def get blood work done. Things that stop weight loss: insulin/sugar problems. Thyroid problems, low vitamin D.

highly reccomend the cookbook "FOOD what the heck should I cook" by dr mark hyman.

I have food sensitivities and can’t handle wheat, beans, rice, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and certain gourds.

amother
OP

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have food sensitivities and can’t handle wheat, beans, rice, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and certain gourds.

nursemomma

Op, do you have IG? Check out Flavorfulfit- Eve Elenhorn. She may be able to help you figure out what the problem is

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:17 pm
nursemomma wrote:
Op, do you have IG? Check out Flavorfulfit- Eve Elenhorn. She may be able to help you figure out what the problem is

IG???

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

then eat all of the other vegetables in the world, nuts, seeds, avocados, fruits, and lentils.

IrenaFr

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I try to eat from 8 am- 6 pm
I TRY to eat my 3 meals, not to snack in between
Snacking (5-6 small meals a day) just makes me hungry and I can’t stick to 1000-1200 calories.

Please read doctor Fung book "The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss" .
You will understand what is going on in your body and how to solve this problem.
Its not the calories, its insulin resistance, you have to fix it first.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
IG???

instagram

IrenaFr

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you help me put together a food plan

More or less I eat the same thing almost daily

Breakfast 8ish
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
2 eggs
Lots of Cucumber or peppers or celery
Baggie filled

Lunch 12:30/1:00
Humungo salad (perhaps 16 oz of lettuce plus some sliced veg)
2 TBSP olive oil

Snack-
Decaf coffee with almond milk

Dinner 5:00ish
chicken/ground beef/protein
Another humungo salad with
2 TBSP olive oil
If I’m still hungry some cooked veg.

With this plan I don’t lose weight

I did start losing weight when the eggs were switched to egg whites, no protein the rest of the day except more egg whites , AND no oil on salad.
But it’s not sustainable and I was tired and hungry ALL day

Of course you are hungry and tired ! You are raising your insulin levels and don't eat fats that could diminish your hunger. Your body is also craving omega 3.
In eggs the most nutritious part is egg yolks!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:33 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
then eat all of the other vegetables in the world, nuts, seeds, avocados, fruits, and lentils.

All legumes are off
Nuts, seeds and avocado will add more calories
And I do eat all low carb veggies sliced into my salad or cooked for dinner

I need to find a more sustainable plan that I enjoy

Someone suggested grey sheet

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:34 pm
Eat 1 piece of whole wheat or high fiber bread in addition to your breakfast.
For lunch, less oil add 1/4 avacodo and tuna with a bit if lite mayo or chickpeas.
Why don't you eat any apples? They are excellent in many ways!
You need to switch up what you eat. It can't be the same thing every day! Different vegetables. soups. fresh.veges. Make a list of proteins you enjoy!
I agree that you need aerobic exercise! I understand that it's difficult for you at this time. Take it slow and build it up!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:36 pm
IrenaFr wrote:
Of course you are hungry and tired ! You are raising your insulin levels and don't eat fats that could diminish your hunger. Your body is also craving omega 3.
In eggs the most nutritious part is egg yolks!

Opposite of what everyone else is telling me to do?
Tell me what a typical day should look like.

Will I lose weight, besides ascetics, this extra weight is hard on my joints and backn
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise