Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Hand-in-his-pants obsession

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 11:19 am
My almost 2yr old boy continually has his hands in his diaper, mostly to sleep which is causing him to leak at night, but its a pretty regular thing during the day as well--and yes he's well aware of what he is grabbing. When we say "hands out" he will listen and go "yay!" and clap, but then its right back in there. We've tried putting clothing on him that would limit his access, but he either gets really frustrated, or his gets around the obstacle somehow. The main reason it bothers us is his pants and pjs getting wet at night from him making his diaper shift. We've tried different brands, going up a size, doubling up all with minimum affect b/c he wriggles his little hand inside. He's otherwise not a sensory kid. I've considered toilet training him soon, but I don't know if that will put more emphasis on that part of the body. I dont' want him to develop "unhealthy" associations, but its not very socially appropriate.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 11:33 am
Have same issue w my 2 year old. His Morah suggested using a onesie which I wasn’t during the summer. That helps. But sounds like you may have tried that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics