Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Getting back into routine after jet lag

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 3:36 am
My DS is a handful of a baby kah. He's been a terrible sleeper since 2 weeks old and I started controlled crying with him at 6 weeks and finally made some progress.
We were away for YT on the other side of the world (literally!) and now that we are back since Thu night last week, he's been waking up a couple of hours after being put to sleep for the night at 7pm latest. We offer him a bottle as it's usually approx 3 hours from his last feeding, but then he won't fall back asleep! He has his paci and usually would fallstraight back to sleep; now he screams for an hour or more before finally falling asleep! Obviously during that time my DH and myself will go in every few minutes to pat/rock/give paci etc, but when we leave the room it all starts again! It's so much harder to hear it now than when he was 6 weeks old Crying Not to mention that DH and I are exhausted too and back to work...
Naps during the day are pathetic - today he slept maybe 3.5 hours over the day (which is good for him!), maybe 1.5 hours yesterday... So he IS tired. But seems to think the first part of the night is a nap...
Any suggestions?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 8:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My DS is a handful of a baby kah. He's been a terrible sleeper since 2 weeks old and I started controlled crying with him at 6 weeks and finally made some progress.
We were away for YT on the other side of the world (literally!) and now that we are back since Thu night last week, he's been waking up a couple of hours after being put to sleep for the night at 7pm latest. We offer him a bottle as it's usually approx 3 hours from his last feeding, but then he won't fall back asleep! He has his paci and usually would fallstraight back to sleep; now he screams for an hour or more before finally falling asleep! Obviously during that time my DH and myself will go in every few minutes to pat/rock/give paci etc, but when we leave the room it all starts again! It's so much harder to hear it now than when he was 6 weeks old Crying Not to mention that DH and I are exhausted too and back to work...
Naps during the day are pathetic - today he slept maybe 3.5 hours over the day (which is good for him!), maybe 1.5 hours yesterday... So he IS tired. But seems to think the first part of the night is a nap...
Any suggestions?

We travel a lot since my in-laws live overseas and I had the same problem with my babies. Till I asked my pediatrician for advice. He recommended that I use for 2-3 nights melo-drops from Maxi health. Its melatonin in liquid form for babies above six months. Since then, adjustments have become so much smoother. He said it's ok to use short term to reset their sleep rythm. Hatzlucha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics