Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Tabletop shtender for DH

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 5:02 pm
DH recently joined a new shul and now has his own fixed seat. He mentioned that he'd like to have a tabletop shtender like many of his friends do, so he can keep his tallis and siddur in it. I thought it would make a nice gift, but when I looked around online, many of the ones I see cost $200+. If anyone has any websites or stores in Brooklyn where I could get one for a more reasonable price, I'd be very grateful.

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 5:04 pm
I suggest you go with the more expensive ones and not the cheap ones since those you can't lean on while standing which is a major plus of a shtender.
Keter Judaica in BP was the cheapest on a new collapsible shtender last month.

singleagain

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 5:08 pm
You might consider looking for an artist tabletop drafting board. Not sure if they will have a section for storage. But otherwise it's more or less the type of item

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 5:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DH recently joined a new shul and now has his own fixed seat. He mentioned that he'd like to have a tabletop shtender like many of his friends do, so he can keep his tallis and siddur in it. I thought it would make a nice gift, but when I looked around online, many of the ones I see cost $200+. If anyone has any websites or stores in Brooklyn where I could get one for a more reasonable price, I'd be very grateful.

Go into any judaica store, they sell the beautiful wooden ones for cheap and they can engrave his name on it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics