Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Dress in London

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 2:09 pm
My daughter needs a fancy short dress for a wedding. Where can she go in london? Golders Green, edgeware or St.Hill please.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 3:35 am
Bump

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 3:46 am
Whats her budget

Yummymummy3

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 3:54 am
Iti Grossnass has gorgeous dresses but is quite expensive so depends on what sort of price range. Debenhams often have nice things too.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:21 am
Yes she went to iti but didnt find anything. Debenhams she says is in a shopping centre too far away. Any other stores?
She says her 'friends' go to jewish stores but they dont want to tell her where as they don't want her to be wearing the same.

Budget is whatever it costs. As long as she doesn't go to Prada Smile

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:28 am
Has she tried Miri's?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:30 am
There are Jewish shops. Fame and wardrobe. Not sure exact addresses.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:32 am
Where is she exactly? Golders Green has brent cross shopping centre. I would recommend her trying TK Maxx (TJ Maxx essentially).
Most of the shops are putting out all the fancy dresses because it's coming close to xmas-Debenhams, John Lewis, H&M, Next etc etc.
There's also next to Stamford Hill 'Fonthill Road' which is a street of dress shops, all reasonably priced.
I don't know where she's staying but is she getting the 'classifieds' through the door which might advertise the different Jewish shops?
try the formerly edgewareK, now called EverywhereK-it's essentially an online classifieds etc-remember it's across the whole England, not just London. Hatzlocha Smile

https://everywherek.com/bd/cat.....s/145

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:37 am
Monsoon

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:45 am
Thanks all! Is there a shop called coats that have things for her? How about a Mrs Deutsch? Does anyone have more info on those?

littleprincess

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 5:09 am
Coats co in stamford hill has a very big variety of dresses

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 5:47 am
Coats and Co is in stamford Hill u can see some of their stuff on instagram

In Hendon on Brent Street NW4 there is The Wardrobe which incorporates Keshet Couture UK and another shop called Fame on Brent. Both these also have instagram

On Golders Green Road in the section near Kosher Kingdom there is Enarele and a bit further along another shop opposite Accessory World called Bordeaux Couture. Both also have instagram

All these are Jewish shops with the Jewish styles. If shes in the area I would recommend starting with the shops on Brent Street in Hendon.

Good luck!

and welcome to London to ur daughter Hi

(Edit: just to add there is an empty The Wardrobe shop next to Bagels bar but she should ignore that one and walk further up the road its near Good for You. Across the road from Fame but further up. Hope that makes sense!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics