Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup artist=upcoming wedding brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 2:54 pm
I recently went to a simcha in boro park where I loved the kallahs and her family's makeup-it's not the type where I would call and ask them who did it bec uncomfortable-but maybe could figure it out based on the typical artists used, this family was from the most in crowd in their community, hungarian background, wealthy, and the makeup was the nicest I've ever seen...any idea which makeup artist it could be-I'm looking to hire and would love that one, money is not an issue

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 2:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I recently went to a simcha in boro park where I loved the kallahs and her family's makeup-it's not the type where I would call and ask them who did it bec uncomfortable-but maybe could figure it out based on the typical artists used, this family was from the most in crowd in their community, hungarian background, wealthy, and the makeup was the nicest I've ever seen...any idea which makeup artist it could be-I'm looking to hire and would love that one, money is not an issue

There’s no way to figure out who they used without asking them. Just call and ask, they’ll be flattered at the compliment.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 3:00 pm
There are really so many very good make up artists these days. Next time you like the make up at a Simcha just compliment someone and say I love your make up you look beautifully who did it... anyways I can name a few popular ones and you can check out their instagrams pictures to see whose style you like the best. There is Gitty berger. There is Chana Rochel marcoprivee. There is Lou lourman. There is makeup by Batya. Goldie felsenstein. Devora Friedman

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 3:07 pm
Batya Hess
Naomi Kaztow (very reasonably priced)
Priva

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 3:10 pm
Bashy gross is probably the most expensive makeup artist I’ve ever heard of. She does hair and makeup and it works out 500 per person per service - so 1000 per person for hair and makeup. . And she works with that Hungarian wealthy crowd.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 3:11 pm
But I work in the wedding industry and personally my favorite is @missabbykolb. She does natural and beautiful.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 3:17 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Bashy gross is probably the most expensive makeup artist I’ve ever heard of. She does hair and makeup and it works out 500 per person per service - so 1000 per person for hair and makeup. . And she works with that Hungarian wealthy crowd.

Wow
What is so special about her work?

flmommy

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 6:32 am
But I work in the wedding industry and personally my favorite is @missabbykolb. She does natural and beautiful.

Wow agreed amazing!!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 6:37 am

This price is incorrect.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 8:21 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
This price is incorrect.

What's the correct price?
I don't know who is crazier, the people that charge these astronomical prices or the people that are willing to pay so much. Confused

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 8:25 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
What's the correct price?
I don't know who is crazier, the people that charge these astronomical prices or the people that are willing to pay so much. Confused

I’m not sure about the correct pricing. But one thing is correct- she’s expensive. But also great!

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 8:40 am
We used Bashy by one of my siblings weddings. She took $2500 for 5 hair and makeup.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 8:42 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
We used Bashy by one of my siblings weddings. She took $2500 for 5 hair and makeup.

What a bargain Surprised

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 10:10 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
What a bargain Surprised

So that’s 250 per service.
Not that much money for someone who can afford it.
Definitely not me.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 11:15 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Batya Hess
Naomi Kaztow (very reasonably priced)
Priva

Do you know where Naomi K is located?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 12:49 pm
Bashi gross is the most high end and does alot of the bp crowd. I know someone who used her this past April and laid 5k for just five faces of makeup. They had a different hairstylist for all the hair.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:27 pm
Bashi gross is the most high end and does alot of the bp crowd. I know someone who used her this past April and laid 5k for just five faces of makeup. They had a different hairstylist for all the hair.

I’m afraid you’ve got these numbers wrong. Unless it wasn’t a local wedding and she had to travel. That’s when she’s even more expensive.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:28 pm

Double post.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:34 pm
Yides krausz from monsey is also amazing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics