Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Length of necklace for girls?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 9:57 pm
I want to sell little girls' and teenage girls' pendant necklaces. What length of chains should I buy? 16 inches, 18, 20 or 24?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 4:07 am
I am a jewelry designer, and I find 18 inches to be the most popular, as well as the most tznius.

16 inches is right on the collar bone, and that area is generally covered. 18 inches will be below the neckline, and will lie just right with a shell or a collared shirt.

Longer necklaces draw a lot of attention to the chest area. Even if someone is innocently admiring the necklace, it could still feel awkward for the girl.

I once wore a 22 inch necklace to a friend's house. She pulled me aside and said "Your necklace needs to be either higher or lower, it's right in the middle of your chest, and it's attracting my husband's attention." I told her that her husband shouldn't be staring at my chest to begin with, but I did tuck the necklace down the front of my shirt for the rest of the visit.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 6:11 am
16" is not on the collarbone of a girl who has a thinner neck than a woman!

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 6:16 am
Why not offer chains in different lengths? The fatter the neck, the longer the chain needs to be. If a pendant is being worn with a collared top, it also needs to be quite a bit longer than if worn with a jewel neck.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 6:29 am
18 is most popular
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics