Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
S/O anyone regret leaving Brooklyn? Spec to Monsey

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 1:11 pm
Would be interested in hearing if anyone moved from Brooklyn to monsey and regretted that decision?

Cookiegirl

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 1:13 pm
I regret the decision of a whole bunch of people who left Brooklyn to move to Monsey...what were you thinking??? Wink

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 1:14 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:
I regret the decision of a whole bunch of people who left Brooklyn to move to Monsey...what were you thinking??? Wink

Pardon? What are you thinking? In what way?

Cookiegirl

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 1:19 pm
Just lamenting the changes in Monsey due to the large influx of Brooklynites over the past 5 years...it's not the same... (but then again, nothing stays the same...hence the wink)

(Sorry to derail the thread).

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 1:27 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:
Just lamenting the changes in Monsey due to the large influx of Brooklynites over the past 5 years...it's not the same... (but then again, nothing stays the same...hence the wink)

We should change the name of Monsey to North Brooklyn. Lynbrook is already taken from a prior migration of Brooklynites taking over a different town.

It would be more interesting if newcomers came from Nebraska or somewhere else.

OP seriously if you go to certain neighborhoods you will a huge chunk of people from Brooklyn.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 30 2019, 1:29 pm
I regret that I moved right after I got married. I should have stayed in Brooklyn at least back then.
But I’m happy with my home and property that I have here and it’s something I’d never be able to have in Brooklyn.
By now, besides my home, people wise, I feel like I live in Brooklyn. It’s actually surprising when you meet a person that was born and bred in Monsey at this point . It’s so different than when I moved here.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 3:34 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:

many of the changes in Monsey came about because Monsey people changed zoning to allow building condos (to make $$$$$). put the blame where it partly belongs.

Brooklyn, too was once a suburban town. And before that a farming town and before that a wilderness.

So was every city on this planet earth.

Lodz. Poland was a tiny rural town that metamorphosed into the most concentrated Jewish city, by the time WWII came about, in a matter of 30 years.

This is life since Adam Harishon. There is nothing new under the sun!

but keep on blaming the BROOKLYNITES!!!!

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 3:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would be interested in hearing if anyone moved from Brooklyn to monsey and regretted that decision?

my friend regretted her decision but learned to live with it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 3:47 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
my friend regretted her decision but learned to live with it.

What aspect of her decision did she regret?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 7:10 pm
Ill bite- I moved to monsey 3.5 years ago.
I love having space and a yard and easy parking and normal driving and quality of life is way better for my kids.
I miss the variety of people in Brooklyn- Monsey neighborhoods are more homogeneous (at least mine is) and I like more of a mix
Cost of life is much higher
Really miss having family around
Day to day its fine but once in a while it's really hard for me
But...When I go back to Brooklyn I cant believe ppl stay

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What aspect of her decision did she regret?

she simply liked Brooklyn people.

Every place has an unspoken or spoken code of behavior that becomes a culture.

Bene Brak people are different than Yerushalayimim , than Ashdoders, than Bet Shemesh people. Just inquire among the big chasidus that have communities in each.

I will not go into specifics since it inevitably turns into contempt for other Jews (we have enough of this from the non jews).
(Someone here suggested renaming Monsey. She made some despicable statements that on the surface seems ok but indirectly says CONTEMPT.
She may be angry how things have changed but these kinds of changes came about because
certain communities
"are victims of their own success". )

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 8:02 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
she simply liked Brooklyn people.

Every place has an unspoken or spoken code of behavior that becomes a culture.

Bene Brak people are different than Yerushalayimim , than Ashdoders, than Bet Shemesh people. Just inquire among the big chasidus that have communities in each.

I will not go into specifics since it inevitably turns into contempt for other Jews (we have enough of this from the non jews).
(Someone here suggested renaming Monsey. She made some despicable statements that on the surface seems ok but indirectly says CONTEMPT.
She may be angry how things have changed but these kinds of changes came about because
certain communities [/size]"are victims of their own success". )

Wow Salomon,

Methinks you doth protest too much.

Your post contains despicable statements and outright contempt. And you did this anonymously. You are reading your own negative emotions and your own lack in my post. You are angry.

What did I say that was not matter of fact?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 8:53 pm
Not for 1 moment do I regret moving from Brooklyn to Chestnut Ridge over 5 years ago....we love it here and dread going back when we need to go!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating