Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much do you make an hour?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:48 am
I have a business and completely agree with the person who said you can't compare to the people who get to leave their jobs behind at 5:00.

I can make $0 one hour and $500 the next. That's the way it is with business.

ETA: at the end of the day I make a regular salary, nothing out of the ordinary, but I still don't get to leave my work behind at 5 pm. there are other perks of working for myself though so I stick with it.

Duggie

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:01 pm
unbelievable... all this just makes me want to make yeridah

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:10 pm
Duggie wrote:
unbelievable... all this just makes me want to make yeridah

Funny, was just thinking the same thing....

I live in Israel and make like 40 shekels an hour.......
(not considered so little as I dont have a degree...)

Any Israelis here??

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:18 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Take the number of hours you work a week and multiply by the number of weeks you get paid, which is your case is 52. That's how many hours a year you work.
Then, take your salary and divide by that number.

For example:
40 hours/week x 52 = 2080 hours a year

If you make $100,00, then:
100,000 divided by 2080 = approximately $48/hr

I get 24 paycheck's a year (so I got "more" than I thought I was per hour lol)
This is how u would calculate:
$100,000/24 paychecks (biweekly) / 2 = 2083 / 40/hrs a week = $52/hrp

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:20 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Funny, was just thinking the same thing....

I live in Israel and make like 40 shekels an hour.......
(not considered so little as I dont have a degree...)

Any Israelis here??

While this isn't the reason I would consider yerida (The school system on the other hand....)
my husband makes 35 shekel an hour ($10) and is pretty much capped at that. It's depressing.

Thankfully, I'm the main bread winner. I work for an American company.

Duggie

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:24 pm
and 35/40 shekels is not bad at all

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:25 pm
For those who live in Israel and are making much less - I am assuming the cost of living is a lot cheaper (think free tuition!)
Am I correct? Because event though I make a lot more in the US the cost of living is so high.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:26 pm
Duggie wrote:
and 35/40 shekels is not bad at all

That depends a lot on family size.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:28 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
For those who live in Israel and are making much less - I am assuming the cost of living is a lot cheaper (think free tuition!)
Am I correct? Because event though I make a lot more in the US the cost of living is so high.

The cost of living is actually quite high here, especially when compared to average salaries. For example, food is quite expensive here, similarly priced or more than in New York. But since the pay is so much less....how is that supposed to work?

And I have yet to experience this 'free tuition' I hear people talk about. My boys' schools are quite expensive, as are my girls' high schools and beyond.

ora_43

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 4:01 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
The cost of living is actually quite high here, especially when compared to average salaries. For example, food is quite expensive here, similarly priced or more than in New York. But since the pay is so much less....how is that supposed to work?

And I have yet to experience this 'free tuition' I hear people talk about. My boys' schools are quite expensive, as are my girls' high schools and beyond.

I guess it depends where. Where I live rent for a decent 3-bedroom apartment would still be around 3,300 shekels/month. Not great but definitely not NYC prices. And I do get the almost-free tuition (monthly fees are something like $50/kid).

This thread makes me want to work remotely for an NYC-based company LOL can't say as I love the salaries enough to want to deal with the rest of it, though.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 4:21 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Anyone who feels bad is being a little shortsighted. The women here who are making a lot of $$$ have professional degrees that required years of effort (and possibly student loans), or in business, which is not only a risk but also a huge pressure because you can't leave your worries behind after office hours- every issue becomes your headache. Being a sheitel macher, for example, sounds like hard work.

I am not making anywhere close to the numbers people posted but I'm happy. I work near home, have flexible hours, have kind employers who don't mind if I swap a day here and there, etc. and I leave all the problems behind when I leave for the day. That's my choice for now.

No not just that. It's hard seeing a daycare sub in the us get 22 while in Israel I'm making 9 and that's considered GOOD pay.

And people complain why the daycares are so bad, there's abuse, and arrests.
Treat your workers better! Give them a living salary! They will treat your kids better!

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 4:25 pm
Minimum wage is 5600 shekels a month.
Most people I know are not making too much more than 6 or 7k unless they've done extensive schooling. Even so, many jobs are capped at around 6k a month such as:

Chinuch, Daycare, Store worker, any type of office job. Like my brother in law has been doing marketing for years - he still makes only 7k.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 7:46 pm
65/ hour but I dont work normal hours- max 20 hours a week. this is with 7 years education post high school

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 12:44 pm
I have a business and work around 25 hours a week and make around 90k a year which comes out to an average of 70 an hour. I live in Israel and am the only breadwinner but even so this is a lot for our living expenses here
*I do have a high level degree and all my clients are us based.

ora_43

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 1:42 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Minimum wage is 5600 shekels a month.
Most people I know are not making too much more than 6 or 7k unless they've done extensive schooling. Even so, many jobs are capped at around 6k a month such as:

Chinuch, Daycare, Store worker, any type of office job. Like my brother in law has been doing marketing for years - he still makes only 7k.

Surprised

That is NOT a normal salary for marketing at all!!! Tell him to ask for a raise!

8k is a normal starting salary in the Tel Aviv area.

Every job has an "upper limit" but 6k/7k is definitely not the upper limit for marketing, or for any other office job for that matter.

Or for chinuch. Maybe in the hareidi system. Any government job, though, and 6k is the minimum. Teachers can make up to 16k a month (depending on their education, experience, and the subject taught), 8k-12k range is probably most common.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 2:39 pm
Ok. I'll bite... I'm a high school teacher in Israel (misrad hachinuch). I make about 10000 a month after taxes, working full time, so about 70 shek an hour. But that includes prep hours, tutoring, davening. Only 24 hours are frontal teaching. And I almost never have a full week where I teach every single hour I am scheduled for. BA and Teaching license, close to 10 years of experience.

simcha123456

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 8:38 pm
$0.00, but hoping to make anything at the moment to help pay the bills. If anyone knows of any jobs, please let me know 😢

Last edited by simcha123456 on Sat, Nov 02 2019, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 8:47 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
No not just that. It's hard seeing a daycare sub in the us get 22 while in Israel I'm making 9 and that's considered GOOD pay.

And people complain why the daycares are so bad, there's abuse, and arrests.
Treat your workers better! Give them a living salary! They will treat your kids better!

I wasn't talking about Israel- I know nothing about the job market reality there. That sounds tough, I am sorry.

It does seem that living costs less in israel: tuition and health insurance, car, gas, overall materialistic standards...
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics