Home

Girls uniform shirts- where to buy cheapest in Brooklyn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

tovli toraspicha

Post  Thu, Oct 31 2019, 8:34 am
Where can I go with my 9 yo daughter for her to try on uniform shirts - button down white and light blue that have a range of sizes.
I've mostly been buying children place etc until now, but 7/8 is to small and 10/12 is way too big.
Not too expensive..
Or online with free returns?
Thanks

ra_mom

Post  Thu, Oct 31 2019, 8:43 am
Designer Spot 39 & 13
A D Children's Wear 44 & 13
All in One has some random cheap sizes 43 & 13

seeker

Post  Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:52 pm
How much are they at Designer Spot? Any comments on the quality?

ra_mom

Post  Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:45 pm
seeker wrote:
How much are they at Designer Spot? Any comments on the quality?

$11 for the ones I was looking for (not a solid color and can't buy at secular stores, usually price is $19.50) and I like them a lot.

seeker

Post  Thu, Oct 31 2019, 2:07 pm
That's great! Mine are a solid color but I haven't found normal quality at any of the regular stores. Land's End is the only one I like but they are really expensive, I missed the best sale option this summer and now even on sale they're about $24 and excluded from coupons. The polo shirts from other brands are fine but our school only lets polos for the younger grades. Blouses and oxfords, I don't know - I tried:
Land's End - wrinkle resistant, looks nice, durable, but very expensive. Only some styles have a "tznius button" and the one that looks the nicest doesn't have.
H&M - thin and see-through
French Toast - slightly less thin though still somewhat thin, and the shape just fit awkwardly at certain sizes.
Old Navy - wrinkles horribly, not interested in spending half my life ironing.
Children's Place - wrinkles only slightly less horribly than ON, but also just doesn't have a nice look, hard to explain.
Betty Z - One step down from Land's End in all aspects but with a tznius button, and the price is better so this is what I was going to go with until I saw this thread.

ra_mom

Post  Thu, Oct 31 2019, 2:29 pm
seeker wrote:
That's great! Mine are a solid color but I haven't found normal quality at any of the regular stores. Land's End is the only one I like but they are really expensive, I missed the best sale option this summer and now even on sale they're about $24 and excluded from coupons. The polo shirts from other brands are fine but our school only lets polos for the younger grades. Blouses and oxfords, I don't know - I tried:
Land's End - wrinkle resistant, looks nice, durable, but very expensive. Only some styles have a "tznius button" and the one that looks the nicest doesn't have.
H&M - thin and see-through
French Toast - slightly less thin though still somewhat thin, and the shape just fit awkwardly at certain sizes.
Old Navy - wrinkles horribly, not interested in spending half my life ironing.
Children's Place - wrinkles only slightly less horribly than ON, but also just doesn't have a nice look, hard to explain.
Betty Z - One step down from Land's End in all aspects but with a tznius button, and the price is better so this is what I was going to go with until I saw this thread.

I hope they have the style, color and sizes you want! Maybe call first.

momof6girls

Post  Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:58 pm
check abc discount - corner store on 15 avenue and 42nd street
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains