Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Girls uniform shirts- where to buy cheapest in Brooklyn

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:34 am
Where can I go with my 9 yo daughter for her to try on uniform shirts - button down white and light blue that have a range of sizes.
I've mostly been buying children place etc until now, but 7/8 is to small and 10/12 is way too big.
Not too expensive..
Or online with free returns?
Thanks

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:43 am
Designer Spot 39 & 13
A D Children's Wear 44 & 13
All in One has some random cheap sizes 43 & 13

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 3:52 pm
How much are they at Designer Spot? Any comments on the quality?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 4:45 pm
seeker wrote:
How much are they at Designer Spot? Any comments on the quality?

$11 for the ones I was looking for (not a solid color and can't buy at secular stores, usually price is $19.50) and I like them a lot.

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 5:07 pm
That's great! Mine are a solid color but I haven't found normal quality at any of the regular stores. Land's End is the only one I like but they are really expensive, I missed the best sale option this summer and now even on sale they're about $24 and excluded from coupons. The polo shirts from other brands are fine but our school only lets polos for the younger grades. Blouses and oxfords, I don't know - I tried:
Land's End - wrinkle resistant, looks nice, durable, but very expensive. Only some styles have a "tznius button" and the one that looks the nicest doesn't have.
H&M - thin and see-through
French Toast - slightly less thin though still somewhat thin, and the shape just fit awkwardly at certain sizes.
Old Navy - wrinkles horribly, not interested in spending half my life ironing.
Children's Place - wrinkles only slightly less horribly than ON, but also just doesn't have a nice look, hard to explain.
Betty Z - One step down from Land's End in all aspects but with a tznius button, and the price is better so this is what I was going to go with until I saw this thread.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 5:29 pm
seeker wrote:
That's great! Mine are a solid color but I haven't found normal quality at any of the regular stores. Land's End is the only one I like but they are really expensive, I missed the best sale option this summer and now even on sale they're about $24 and excluded from coupons. The polo shirts from other brands are fine but our school only lets polos for the younger grades. Blouses and oxfords, I don't know - I tried:
Land's End - wrinkle resistant, looks nice, durable, but very expensive. Only some styles have a "tznius button" and the one that looks the nicest doesn't have.
H&M - thin and see-through
French Toast - slightly less thin though still somewhat thin, and the shape just fit awkwardly at certain sizes.
Old Navy - wrinkles horribly, not interested in spending half my life ironing.
Children's Place - wrinkles only slightly less horribly than ON, but also just doesn't have a nice look, hard to explain.
Betty Z - One step down from Land's End in all aspects but with a tznius button, and the price is better so this is what I was going to go with until I saw this thread.

I hope they have the style, color and sizes you want! Maybe call first.

momof6girls

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:58 am
check abc discount - corner store on 15 avenue and 42nd street

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 10:51 am
Bumping this up to see if there has been any chiddush since last year. Is Designer Spot still likely to be my best bet? Is it suicidal to go there at this time of year? I was hoping to avoid Brooklyn and especially Boro Park (really no offense but first of all it gets very hectic this season and secondly I hear "coronavirus is over" there and we have risk factors) altogether until after the yomim tovim but it's starting to look inevitable.

Business idea: Someone should do a uniform pop-up store in the Catskills in the summer.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:38 pm
seeker wrote:

Business idea: Someone should do a uniform pop-up store in the Catskills in the summer.

This! I've been saying this for years!

yalixoxo

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:46 pm
Did u try “french toast” brand on Amazon?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:52 pm
seeker wrote:
Bumping this up to see if there has been any chiddush since last year. Is Designer Spot still likely to be my best bet? Is it suicidal to go there at this time of year? I was hoping to avoid Brooklyn and especially Boro Park (really no offense but first of all it gets very hectic this season and secondly I hear "coronavirus is over" there and we have risk factors) altogether until after the yomim tovim but it's starting to look inevitable.

Call them early in the day before they are busy. They are usually helpful and can tell you if they have what you need over the phone.

Also call A&D to see if they have.
347-385-5234

If you really don't want to travel and are willing to spend more, Fraylich has online shopping and shipping.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lovemy5

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:53 pm
I do well at S and D on Nostrand and U. They have French Toast that you can try on. Once you know the size, you can get on Amazon, though prices are similar. Best of all, they have a parking lot!

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 8:11 pm
Yes, I tried a few styles of French Toast. Most were no go. Boys oxford was OK. If Brooklyn has nice shirts for girls especially with a tznius button, I'll try there before ordering more French Toast. I need other Jewish stuff there anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains