Home

Life coach career- where did you train

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:36 am
I’m considering training to become a life coach. I’ve been doing this unofficially for friends, family and coworkers for years.
Questions for those in the field:
Where have you trained? Please tell me pros and cons of your programs and if they were beneficial.

Is this field flooded?

Any particular nich you fill? Any particular nich that you know of which is not currently filled.

TIA

amother

Bisque

Post  Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:47 pm
I trained at NYU. It was an excellent program, though I don't know if they still offer it and the person who I trained with has since passed away.

It depends what area you plan on working in. Corporate coaching can be very lucrative, but not easy to break into.

In regard to personal coaching, there is still a bit of a stigma in some places as people think therapists are better educated and more professional, and people feel more comfortable seeing a therapist. However in reality the approach of most therapists and a coach are very different from one another.

I was lucky because I have other qualifications and although it was not the original plan I ended up coaching a great deal in a particular niche related to those qualifications.

There is a demand for career coaching, and academic coaching, (I.e. getting people into colleges). Though some of that is more advising than coaching.

Hope this helps.

amother

OP

Post  Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:17 pm
Thank you bisque for responding. I have lots of personal experience and (untrained) skills as a general life coach... problem solving, communication, organization and time management, chinuch, mental and emotional health, reaching goals etc.

I wonder if I can make a go of that?
I’m looking fir a good training program. Willing to put in time and money.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h