Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is there a way to lengthen a wig?

rgh

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:54 am
I'm assuming this is not possible but thought I'd ask anyways:

I bought a cheaper wig to wear as a pony and mistakenly cut it too short, and now it looks ridiculous in a pony. Is there a way to add length?

I know you can add wefts in to add thickness; is there something similar that can be done to add length?

Thanks.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:28 pm
You can't add on to the ends, but depending on the style, it may be possible to add wefts and layer it in a way that adds visual length.

graphic613

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:31 pm
you can probably wear it with a halo extension

Bitachon123

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:41 pm
I made one of my wigs longer. The only way to do it though was to remove like 1/3 of the hair at the back and replace it with longer hair. It wasnt cheap, but still cheaper than buying a new wig. And bH I'm super happy with how it came out so was totally worth it! Good luck!

rgh

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:58 pm
Bitachon123 wrote:
I made one of my wigs longer. The only way to do it though was to remove like 1/3 of the hair at the back and replace it with longer hair. It wasnt cheap, but still cheaper than buying a new wig. And bH I'm super happy with how it came out so was totally worth it! Good luck!

Where did you do this?

Bitachon123

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:42 pm
rgh wrote:
Where did you do this?

In Israel...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:52 pm
rgh wrote:
I'm assuming this is not possible but thought I'd ask anyways:

I bought a cheaper wig to wear as a pony and mistakenly cut it too short, and now it looks ridiculous in a pony. Is there a way to add length?

I know you can add wefts in to add thickness; is there something similar that can be done to add length?

Thanks.

If it was a cheaper wig then it might not be worth it to remove and replace hair wefts.
Can you wear it pinned back halfway but down? Or down with hats for the rain? Or twisted up instead of the pony hanging down?

twolilgirlies

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:55 pm
I did this. It's not perfect but good enough and very happy with it. I did it in Lakewood by Elisheva wig salon. depending on how much hair you want to add it can cost about $500 or more.

rgh

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 2:34 pm
twolilgirlies wrote:
I did this. It's not perfect but good enough and very happy with it. I did it in Lakewood by Elisheva wig salon. depending on how much hair you want to add it can cost about $500 or more.

You lengthened it? Its so frustrating because the hair is perfect and thick enough, just not long enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels