Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Earrings for DD
1  2  Next

superstar

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 1:50 pm
At what age did you pierce your dd's ears?

Optione

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 3:03 pm
3-4 months

flowerpower

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 3:04 pm
3 weeks. Now someone comment on the alien thread fast.

gande

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 3:35 pm
3 days

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 3:41 pm
2 weeks.

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 3:46 pm
3 weeks

pause

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 3:51 pm
3-4 months

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Nov 01 2019, 4:56 pm
My mom did it for my daughter when she was about 3 months. I didn't love the idea of doing it so young-hated how she looked with earrings for the first 6-8 months or so.
Only agreed to it because pediatrician said under 2 months there's almost no pain, and otherwise I should wait until she's at least 2 so she can handle the pain.
Plot twist- my daughter is 3 now and absolutely refuses to wear earrings, tried quite a few.
Don't know what I'd do when iyh I'll have another girl.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 2:28 pm
4 daughters 1-10, only one has pierced ears. She got them when she was 9 (when she asked for them).

Rappel

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 2:55 pm
Dunno, OP, but whatever you do: make sure she's not wearing pearl studs.

DrMom

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 4:59 pm
No daughters have asked to get pierced ears yet in my family.

dee's mommy

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 7:57 pm
My daughter just got hers pierced last week. She is eleven, but a few months away from being twelve. She had been asking me for a very long time.

She did ask when she was quite a bit younger, but I put her off, and she stopped asking.

I am not in favour of babies getting their ears pierced. I would rather wait until they ask for it.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 8:18 pm
Rappel wrote:
Dunno, OP, but whatever you do: make sure she's not wearing pearl studs.

why?

Simple1

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 8:41 pm
When they asked - and that ranged between 4-11 years old.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 9:19 pm
at 3 months

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 9:21 pm
6 months.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 9:22 pm
Before they became bas mitzvah.

One of them had a really bad reaction, and ultimately decided not to wear earrings. I'm really glad this didn't happen to her as a baby.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 4:57 pm
Rappel, you’ll need to consult a past thread on wearing pearl studs for shidduch photos. The OP of the thread, with a ds in the parasha, felt that there was something not quite OK with this style of earring, that it shoes a lack of fashion savvy and sophistication and who knows what other nonsense she spouted. But I think it would be ok to get pearl studs for a very young girl, as long as she doesn’t wear them when she’s in shidduchim and as long as any prospective mothers-in-law don’t hire a private investigator to snag her baby pictures showing her mother’s ill-advised choice of “unsophisticated, nerdy” earwear for her.

However, I am deeply opposed to mutilating a child without her informed consent, which consent requires a certain level of maturity and ability to “see the nolad”. . Not before HS IMHO. (Go ahead, ladies, throw your tomatoes. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.)

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:23 pm
Oh zaq, zaq, we agree on so much... surely at 11 1/2, so she can have pretty earrings at her bas mitzvah is old enough?

singleagain

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:29 pm
I remember asking for earrings since I realized what they were. My mom always told me "ok but it's worth a needle" and I had a needle phobia. Do it wasn't until I saw these beautiful gold Mickey mouse earrings in the Disney store and k was looking wistfully and my dad said "you know you need pierced ears for that" so I said "let's go do it now!" And we did it.

I like that my mom left it up too me. But I do think it's adorable on babies. But I think I'd wait. There's always stick on and such for babies
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics