Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Earrings for DD
Previous  1  2

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:29 pm
dee's mommy wrote:
My daughter just got hers pierced last week. She is eleven, but a few months away from being twelve. She had been asking me for a very long time.

She did ask when she was quite a bit younger, but I put her off, and she stopped asking.

I am not in favour of babies getting their ears pierced. I would rather wait until they ask for it.

If you would rather wait until your daughter asked why would you put her off when she does?

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 9:34 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
If you would rather wait until your daughter asked why would you put her off when she does?

The first time she asked, she was about five or six. Knowing that she does not handle pain very well, I told her that it hurt. (That is my own experience and memory with ear piercing in the 1980s.) She stopped asking, so I put it off.

It is only recently that she had been asking me consistently. She is more mature now, and while still not handling pain well, is a bit better with it when necessary (such as blood tests for example.) Now just seemed a better time. (Also, I recently learned that ear piercing techniques have changed since I was a child. That helped quite a bit.)

perhaps I was being over cautious, but it is a permanent body alteration. I wanted to make sure she was okay with it.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 10:14 pm
6 months. Was a great age. She barely even cried and she didn't know it was there. She still doesn't realize a half a year later.
They say doing it too young cld cause unwanted infections, but unless ur gonna wait till she's really old enough not to touch, you don't want her to be old enough to tug.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:39 pm
For my girls I did between 2-6 months old.
I got my ears pierced when I was 12, after begging for years. I was the only one in school without earrings and was desperate. And funnily, my first pair was a real nerdy looking set that I had my eye on years before and was already out of style completely when I got them. Confused

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 8:42 am
She was almost 10. The original plan was to do it for her bat mitzvah, but her older sister was getting married and she really wanted (brace yourself Rappel) pearl studs to go with her gown. Getting them pierced was 100% her choice and that''s what I was most comfortable with. If she hadn't wanted it I would have been happy to forgo it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics