Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Kiruv/Community Kollel Opportunity for Young Couple?

newlywedgirl

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 12:31 pm
Does anyone know of any Kiruv or community Kollel opportunities in the states (literally anywhere, preferably oot) where a young couple could contribute to the community?
We would prefer a smaller community so that we could really be involved and give a lot. Mentoring programs and things like that...
If anyone has leads or ideas I'd really appreciate it, the google searches that I have been doing haven't been too helpful.
Edit: We live in Israel, I am American and my husband is Israeli with a pretty good English.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 8:59 pm
Call Torah Umesorah. They help place people in communities and can tell you about which cities are looking .

meme6

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 9:23 pm
I believe Rochester has been trying to do this

newlywedgirl

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 4:05 am
Thanks so much for the leads, I’ll check them out and try to get in contact with them.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 6:31 am
Usually whoever you did your training with has job placement assistance. If you did not do a kiruv course, be aware that these small communities work with the larger orgs and hire people they send for interviews - ie, small communities hire people who took the training.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 7:56 am
watergirl wrote:
Usually whoever you did your training with has job placement assistance. If you did not do a kiruv course, be aware that these small communities work with the larger orgs and hire people they send for interviews - ie, small communities hire people who took the training.

I know of Ohr Lagolah. Any other programs?

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:15 am
Rav Yitzchok Berkowitz's Jerusalem Kollel trains guys to go into kiruv in chutz l'aretz, as does Ner L'Elef if they're still around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics