Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sleep schedule when changing clock

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 10:47 pm
I’m new to this and don’t know how to handle changing the clock for my one year old. Right now he goes to sleep at 8, takes 2 naps during the day. I’d love to consolidate to one nap and have him go to sleep at 7 or 7;30. I figure now is a good time to do it but how?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 10:49 pm
One year old should still have two naps unless he clearly is ready to give it up, but you can try shortening the second nap.
Tomorrow, 7:00 will really be 8:00, so that is his natural bedtime... hopefully he will go in nicely and it'll transition smoothly!

yersp

Post Sat, Nov 02 2019, 10:58 pm
I remember reading in a parents magazine that for the little ones in order to prepare them for the time change, you gotta start a week before. Start with 15 minute increments each night so by the time the clock is changed, the child goes to sleep at the new time no problem. I tried it once and it worked. Then I forgot by next time change.
Maybe do that now, start at the old time and work backwards.
Naps, I would suggest maybe trying 1/2 before or after old time. Don't skip naps. It will be hard this week but by next week the rhythm will be back
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics