Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Airmont

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:18 am
Hey,

I'm hoping I could get some replies on this one. Looking into moving out of Brooklyn.
We're totally Chasidish, Shtreimel and all....
I've been hearing such mixed info about Airmont and can't seem to put my hands on it.
WHAT'S THE CROWD THERE? Does it depend on the block? Are the houses very spread apart? Is it more like Chasidim runaways or is it just regular Chasidim as well?
At one point I hear that its very few Yidden per block, then I hear one block with full Chassidim kids playing on the streets....
I'm really trying to figure this out. If it depends on the block how could I figure out which area is what??

amother
White

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hey,

I'm hoping I could get some replies on this one. Looking into moving out of Brooklyn.
We're totally Chasidish, Shtreimel and all....
I've been hearing such mixed info about Airmont and can't seem to put my hands on it.
WHAT'S THE CROWD THERE? Does it depend on the block? Are the houses very spread apart? Is it more like Chasidim runaways or is it just regular Chasidim as well?
At one point I hear that its very few Yidden per block, then I hear one block with full Chassidim kids playing on the streets....
I'm really trying to figure this out. If it depends on the block how could I figure out which area is what??

Houses are not terribly spread apart on most blocks, but some more, some less.
All of the types you described ++++ Wink
You'll find variations on different blocks. There are a couple of very chassidish shuls.
Your broker should be able to help differentiate.
Make sure to look at price of taxes when choosing your home.

Make sure to look at price of taxes when choosing your home.
I know non-driving Monsey women who love it, but if you're coming from Brooklyn, it may be very hard on you if you don't drive. Speak to other Brooklynites who've done this.

meme6

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:36 am
Make sure your kids are accepted to A school Before coming. Each area is mixed you should check out the shuls to see which ones you like and which you don’t.

meme6

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:37 am
Make sure your kids are accepted to A school Before coming. Each area is mixed you should check out the shuls to see which ones you like and which you don’t.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:42 am
If purchasing a house in Airmont, be aware under what school district it is because if it’s Ramapo Central and not East Ramapo then it can be an issue with bussing to school.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:46 am
delete double post

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:47 am
Airmont is a big area. For the "type" of people, you need to see your specific street. I love the mix on my street, one yeshivish, one JPF, one Chabad, two chassidish, one modern chassidish, and a couple of g0yim.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:55 am
I live in Airmont. My block is super Chassidish, think Shpitzel, double covered, vaiseh zokken type.
I'm Heimishe and the next block is mostly Heimishe so I'm fine. Plus we all get along. The block after me has a few litvishe. And a few blocks further in is more mixed. Litvish, Chassidish, Lubavich, modern Chassidish. It's a beautiful area.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:08 am
Double post

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 6:10 am
Airmont is huge with all types of people living there. Literally all types. Some area's have more chassidim than other area's. You need to do your homework well. Just know that not all schools provide transportation to certain area's.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 6:28 am
Go look st the blocks. We have had a lot of potential chasidish buyers knock on the door or stop DH in the street to ask.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 8:56 am
Hi! I live in south airmont...more towards south airmont road. We have a wonderful community here, wonderful shul. My block has a few chassidish families, real chassidish non of us drive. But the surrounding blocks are a real mix. Mamesh no litvisha ppl here. Fully chassidish and we have a few houses for sale on our block Wink

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 8:57 am
If u post under ur username I can pm u...or email whatever.

Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 9:26 am
Please do

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:29 pm
Every block and area is different. Come visit! Laura, kings, Thomson has the Chassidim that you are looking for. Could be other blocks too. Many more Chassidim keep moving in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating