Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vitamin K shot for baby after birth
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:16 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
my question is something else. If Hashem knew how to make babies conceive, grown and be born, do you think he mistakenly forgot that babies need Vitamin K?

Op here,
In response to your question I will answer by saying: if babies are born with antibiotics in them (as well as adults) then why do they die if they are not treated with synthetic antibiotics. As probably happened in my case to my newborn. You sound like my very encouraging midwife and doula who both work together. Body was built by God and knows what it needs to do. I was told so many lies. I will not get into details here.

Thankyou ladies for so many well meaning responses and sympathies. They bring me tears and comfort at same time. I am too vulnerable and can’t talk about my situation in public yet. I believe the midwife was well meaning but uneducated herself. I blame myself for not doing enough research about her and her advice. She did offer abx and when I asked her what is best for me to do and if it would help , only respond I git was “ I can’t tell you what to do, your baby might be sick even before she is born “ I should of used that answer as clue to go to hospital but she was all cool and relaxed about it. The doula encouraged me not to take abx and to have homebirth without fear , the midwife did not object. I should have been more informed. I don’t blame anyone but myself because I should have not trusted anyone and did my own research and protected my child.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:19 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
You put your baby's life at risk.

Thanks anonymous person. I actually typed an entire paragraph in response but it's off topic, I don't want to take away from op pain, and my Dr approved and monitored it.

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:19 pm
OP, I am so sorry for your loss.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Op here,
In response to your question I will answer by saying: if babies are born with antibiotics in them (as well as adults) then why do they die if they are not treated with synthetic antibiotics. As probably happened in my case to my newborn. You sound like my very encouraging midwife and doula who both work together. Body was built by God and knows what it needs to do. I was told so many lies. I will not get into details here.

Thankyou ladies for so many well meaning responses and sympathies. They bring me tears and comfort at same time. I am too vulnerable and can’t talk about my situation in public yet. I believe the midwife was well meaning but uneducated herself. I blame myself for not doing enough research about her and her advice. She did offer abx and when I asked her what is best for me to do and if it would help , only respond I git was “ I can’t tell you what to do, your baby might be sick even before she is born “ I should of used that answer as clue to go to hospital but she was all cool and relaxed about it. The doula encouraged me not to take abx and to have homebirth without fear , the midwife did not object. I should have been more informed. I don’t blame anyone but myself because I should have not trusted anyone and did my own research and protected my child.

Op, it is common for home birth midwives to emotionally manipulate a vulnerable mother, under stating risks and painting the hospital as more negative than it really is so that you do what they want you to do. I personally view this as a form of abuse.

Your midwife should never do home births if she told you you don't need antibiotics for GBS. You can sue her and get millions of dollars.

But more importantly, stories like yours must be publicized, because women like you need to hear them. Otherwise the lies of the home birth midwives will cause more unnecessary and horrific tragedies.

You come across as an extremely strong person to be thinking so logically at such a painful time. I hope you use that strength for good.

pizzapie

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 6:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hello this is OP
After my terrible experience I would rather give vit k shot to my newborn in hospital setting then to trust an ignorant selfish doula or midwife at homebirth again.
Yes I was tested for gbs and it was positive. I was never told that it might be deadly. I did not do research on my own because I said I will rely on my midwife and doula advice. I am not blaming anyone they did their best although I believe they were not knowledgeable enough and had great learning experience on me and my baby. I was told if baby gets sick she will have fever and need abx. No one told me that the first sign might be ultimate death. Living with such guilt is chocking me on daily basis. I just wanted to know more about vit K shot since I hear few people talk about black box warning on Facebook.
Now hearing that it might have been gbs that took my babies life is hurting me even more. I did homebirth because it was highly recommended not because I am against hospital staff. I was told it’s best experience ever. For me it was the worst even before I realized my baby was gone.

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain that you are going through right now. Guilt is part of the normal grieving process. Please try to be easy on yourself.
I want to add that I highly, highly doubt that the vitamin k shot had anything to do with the loss of your precious baby.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 6:17 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
my question is something else. If Hashem knew how to make babies conceive, grown and be born, do you think he mistakenly forgot that babies need Vitamin K?

The same question could be asked about any vitamin. Should no one ever take a vitamin supplement?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 7:04 pm
imasoftov wrote:
The same question could be asked about any vitamin. Should no one ever take a vitamin supplement?

as a cure, perhaps yes. as a prevention, probably not

nylon

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 7:07 pm

Vitamin K is not a vaccine. It is a vitamin shot, and the IM version is more effective than oral as I understand it. It has been very effective in lowering the incidence of VKDB in newborns.

Midwives vary from state to state, and midwife to midwife, in their protocols and what they are allowed to do. Some midwives swab for GBS. Some swab but do Hibiclens which can give a false negative. Some states don't permit home birth midwives to give IV antibiotics at home.

nchr

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 8:09 pm
OP, I'm so sorry for your loss.
This may sound cold, but if you're looking for an attorney, I can recommend someone.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 9:03 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Pretty sure hb midwives can't give anti biotics so they need to be transferred to hospital and she loses a patient.

Not true. I got antibiotics for GBS at home. Not debating homebirths here but this is factually incorrect.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 9:06 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Not true. I got antibiotics for GBS at home. Not debating homebirths here but this is factually incorrect.

in the US? Amazing!

cozyblanket

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 9:29 pm
nylon wrote:

Vitamin K is not a vaccine. It is a vitamin shot, and the IM version is more effective than oral as I understand it. It has been very effective in lowering the incidence of VKDB in newborns.

Midwives vary from state to state, and midwife to midwife, in their protocols and what they are allowed to do. Some midwives swab for GBS. Some swab but do Hibiclens which can give a false negative. Some states don't permit home birth midwives to give IV antibiotics at home.

What is the point of even doing the test at all if they use hibiclens? They may as well not test.

nylon

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 9:49 pm
My understanding is that they are required to do the test but disagree with universal screening (or that all GBS+ should get antibiotics, or perhaps their state or practice agreement requires GBS+ patients to go to the hospital for the antibiotics...)

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 9:52 pm
Sebastian wrote:
in the US? Amazing!

Yes in the US! And I'm not the only one. You seem so surprised, perhaps you are not as informed as you thought.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 9:54 pm
Gotta love how everyone here unanimously decided it had to have been gbs and couldn't have been vit k. With nothing to back any of this.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:23 pm
OP, did your baby receive the hep B shot?

May Hashem send you nechama as only He can!

nchr

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:55 pm
OP I'm very sorry for your loss. Without an autopsy there is no way to say for certainty what happened, but regardless, you experienced a severe trauma. We (imas on imamother) are so sorry for your pain and are here for you.

Did your baby make any grunting noises? That may be indicative of a Strep B infection, etc. You should publicize your story - even if it wasn't GBS because people should know these things do happen and you may feel some comfort hearing from other people you may help (I.e. a woman who chooses to have a baby in a hospital and the baby needed medical care, even if unrelated to your child's situation). I'm so sorry, OP.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 12:12 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Vitamin K shots contain additives like aluminum. The insert says there could be a fatal allergic reaction.

A SAFER alternative would be to give Vitamin K (no additives) Orally - but
Tyrant Government doesn't allow that option, or the option to refuse
Vitamin K completely.

I thought that the reason that it wasn't given orally was that the stomach acid would destroy it.

ETA: not given orally because the liver can't assimilate it for the first few months of life.

Last edited by southernbubby on Mon, Nov 04 2019, 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 12:22 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I have lots of friends who home birth and none of them tested for GBS. They are the anti vaxx type and don't believe in intervention.

I bet u dont know the whole story or maybe they didnt use a midwife. anti vax has nothnig to do with testing for gbs. I dont vaccinate my kids and know many who dont. I have ahd hospital births and plan iyh a homebirth this time around. All the ppl I know who home birth use CNM's who are very experienced in the field. No responsible midwife will let someone off the hook to check for GBS. If someone refuses abx, thats another story but havent heard of someone doing that. My super off hands midwife advocates for abx for that condition.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 12:26 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
They disinfect before putting up the swab in order to test negative so they won't have to get antibiotics. That's why doctors don't let patients do it. Firstly they may do it incorrectly. Secondly they may game the system.

who are u trying to fool? and if this is true, then this is your friends issue, not the midwifes.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics