Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Store delivered less food for an event

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 10:10 am
We recently ordered lunch for alot of people. When we ordered it we were very clear how many people we need food for.

They sent cutlery for half. The wasn't enough food. They did send alot of rolls.

My husband missed the entire lunch because he was busy calling the store and asking them to send the correct amount. They never did. We found papaergoods and tried to make the food stretch, we also didn't eat.

My husband feels like we shouldn't even pay the full amount of what they sent, especially when they admitted that they didn't send enough.

I'm curious as to what others think.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 10:15 am
If they sent half then pay half the amount. Why would you pay for something that you didn’t receive?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 10:36 am
Sorry that they didn't send what you were expecting, but in terms of payment, and especially not paying in full for what they did send, that sounds like a question for your LOR, not a bunch of ladies on the Internet.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 10:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We recently ordered lunch for alot of people. When we ordered it we were very clear how many people we need food for.

They sent cutlery for half. The wasn't enough food. They did send alot of rolls.

My husband missed the entire lunch because he was busy calling the store and asking them to send the correct amount. They never did. We found papaergoods and tried to make the food stretch, we also didn't eat.

My husband feels like we shouldn't even pay the full amount of what they sent, especially when they admitted that they didn't send enough.

I'm curious as to what others think.

I'm wondering if you ordered from FB. They have great brunch food but I've learned to make my own calculations and tell them exactly what I want, and not have them figure out the "catering" for me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 10:57 am
ra_mom wrote:
I'm wondering if you ordered from FB. They have great brunch food but I've learned to make my own calculations and tell them exactly what I want, and not have them figure out the "catering" for me.

We ordered from a store in my neighborhood. Their excuse was that they had alot of other events then and couldn't send more food.

My husband went into the store and quietly spoke to the owner. Dh expressed his embarrassment to the owner. Only the first 15 people had food. The rest had rolls and papergoods we found. The store decided not to charge us anything in the end.

We had to feed 33 people and they were supposed to send food for 40, so we should have more than enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics