Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Tiferes Bais Yaakov information please

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:05 pm
Can someone please telL me about the school? Crowd type, chinuch, etc.

Also about Bais tova.

Thank you

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 12:48 am
Absolutely wonderful school
Small (and will stay small but classe sizes have grown to match other schools). Warm and sincere. Very involved principals.
Super education. Fantastic general knowledge program in both English and Hebrew. Lots of emphasis on Hebrew language.
Translate chummush into Yiddish.
Parent body is yeshivish - including the working parents. Simpler - not fancy families. At assemblies there are max 1 or 2 parents dressed trendy or long Sheitels.
I am so happy and impressed with everything there.

It’s a great school but not one that gets mentioned so often because it’s so hard to get in. Often they don’t even have enough slots for children of alumni.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:47 am
Bump

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 12:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bump

Everything the above poster wrote. Has a name of being very low key and easy non high maintenance parent body.

Why dont you tell us what your looking for a maybe people will have suggestions for you of schools that actually take new parents and arent impossible to get into?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:11 pm
Tiferes is known to be more of a low key American yeshivish simpler crowd vs bais Tova that's more heimish ( they have Yiddish as a subject) and more of a mixed crowd with some yeshivish and balabatish ppl not too low key ....

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:14 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Absolutely wonderful school
Small (and will stay small but classe sizes have grown to match other schools). Warm and sincere. Very involved principals.
Super education. Fantastic general knowledge program in both English and Hebrew. Lots of emphasis on Hebrew language.
Translate chummush into Yiddish.
Parent body is yeshivish - including the working parents. Simpler - not fancy families. At assemblies there are max 1 or 2 parents dressed trendy or long Sheitels.
I am so happy and impressed with everything there.

It’s a great school but not one that gets mentioned so often because it’s so hard to get in. Often they don’t even have enough slots for children of alumni.

Exactly this. Love the school. Hanhala is wonderful and completely devoted to the kids without putting on any airs or being crazily image conscious like so many other schools.

Consider yourself blessed if you get in.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:59 am
I tried and tried but wasn't able to get in. I think it's almost impossible unless your child is a sibling.

Hope you have better luck than me...

(It's a great school, BTW).

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:49 am
Hi can someone help me with more info on this school, how large? Hashkafa, warmth, academics
Thanks

cupcake123

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 8:45 am
What others said, very yeshivish, warm great place

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 7:34 pm
How would you compare tiferes to chein and bnos yaakov?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries