Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Restaurants run by sephardim in Brooklyn

Rappel

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 12:57 am
We're planning on visiting Flatbush around Chanukah.

Can anyone recommend eateries that follow Yalkut Yosef guidelines? (Bishul Akum/Cholov Yisrael/chalak Beit yosef/mehadrin/kemach yoshon)

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 1:47 am
Most restaurants are cholov yisrael and yoshon and mehardirn if the hechsher is reliable (like kehillah kashrus). In terms of bishul yisrael, many restuarants are familiar with it -- you can ask for the mashgiach to put the food on, and they'll often reply o, you want it shomer shabbos, and you'll even see that on your receipt listed with your specifications.

Beit yosef meat is readily available, and I think many restaurants do exclusively use that as well. I dont keep it, but my sil does and she eats out a lot.

nanny24/7

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 4:51 am
I don't recall for certain so you can call and check but I think Bakar meets your specifications and the food is awesome!
I think they are somewhere on Coney Island Avenue near Avenue J. I don't remember that part for sure either.

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 7:14 am
If I were in your position, I would call Kehillas Kashrus (the local mehadrin hashgacha) and ask them which of their restaurants meet your criteria, and if you want to be extra safe, call the mashgiach a few days before eating there to confirm and go over your list.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 7:26 am
Mabat ( I think)
Kasai (hibatchi style)
I am sure there are a lot more

Rappel

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 7:59 am
These are great suggestions! Thanks guys!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics