Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What to do with garlic?
Previous  1  2

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 6:28 pm
Zeleze wrote:
Leaving Garlic overnight after taking of the peel, must have oil or salt added

Thats what I remeber from my BY years, that it's like Onion's

Yes and a kashrus rabbi said the ends must be snipped off because of possible bugs.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 6:35 pm
If they are starting to sprout, then plant them. Use the green shoots in stir fry. Garlic shoots are a standard ingredient in most Asian cuisines.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 6:51 pm
missmuffetsmum wrote:
YUM! This was last night's supper Smile Delicious! I added a couple of sweet potatoes and used 4 drumsticks instead of chicken bottoms - only problem was that it finished too quickly Wink Best part was not having to cook when I got home from work...
Made the garlic confit for Shabbos and was super easy and tasty - thx to everyone for the ideas!

Do happy to hear! Smile

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 6:57 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
If they are starting to sprout, then plant them. Use the green shoots in stir fry. Garlic shoots are a standard ingredient in most Asian cuisines.

You can let it grow all the way to the flowering stage and cook with the flowers.

westchestermom

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:08 pm
Boil spaghetti. Brown 6 cloves crushed garlic in olive oil, turn off the heat, add 2 tablespoons of paprika and a cup of the spaghetti water, then toss with the drained spaghetti. Top with a heaping tablespoon of seasoned ricotta cheese. This is my Grandma's recipe for "dirty spaghetti", aka spaghetti aglio olio, something we make when we don't know what to make for dinner.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics