Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Eating alone at a restaurant/pizza store
1  2  3  Next

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:52 pm
I eat alone at a restaurant or pizza store and I don't mind it, I actually like it. If I'm out doing errands and I'm hungry, I have no problem sitting down at a restaurant by myself. My sisters think it's weird. Do you eat alone? Do you think it's weird?

Last edited by Blessing1 on Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Einikel

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:55 pm
I find eating in an ice cream store alone strange. It is usually a place to meet friends. A pizza shop or restaurant I think is fine bc you can get hungry while outside. It's just a place to grab a quick bite.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:56 pm
I’ve done it. I usually read on my phone. Sometimes I just need a proper lunch break and not just food at my desk.

imanonymous

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:57 pm
Pizza store is totally normal.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:59 pm
Let me add that I have a baby in the stroller. I don't think it's weird at all.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 6:00 pm
I do it all the time. It never even occurred to me that it would be weird to other people.

If someone thinks it's odd that I'm sitting alone, they are welcome to buy me lunch and join me! Otherwise, it's none of their business.

lucky14

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 6:18 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Let me add that I have a baby in the stroller. I don't think it's weird at all.

Even without the baby in the stroller it's fine.

lucky14

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 6:19 pm
Einikel wrote:
I find eating in an ice cream store alone strange. It is usually a place to meet friends. A pizza shop or restaurant I think is fine bc you can get hungry while outside. It's just a place to grab a quick bite.

I've eaten in ice cream/frozen yogurt stores and coffee shops by myself plenty of times. I enjoy those things and would rather eat in the shop than in my car.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 6:30 pm
Yes I love going to restaurants alone

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 6:31 pm
Not weird!

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 6:39 pm
Yes.
But I usually do it at quiet restaurants in the city etc..not at pizza stores.

DrMom

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 6:42 pm
You're hungry, you eat.

What's so weird about that?

What

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 8:49 pm
When I was younger and I had to do it once or twice I Felt so self conscience and ate really fast. Now it’s no big deal. I even enjoy it. A hot meal all alone with no dirty dishes!

cbsp

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 8:58 pm
When I was in 7th or 8th grade our teachers started hinting to us about the dangers of hanging out at pizza shops.

I couldn't understand what the problem was.

I'd go to the library after school on Friday, take out the max number of allowed books, head over to Amnon's (before they moved), order my slice and start reading. What was the problem?

But I guess that was weird, so OP there's your answer Smile

I disagree with Ambrose Bierce's definition of alone as "in bad company."

DrMom

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:23 pm
cbsp wrote:
When I was in 7th or 8th grade our teachers started hinting to us about the dangers of hanging out at pizza shops.

I couldn't understand what the problem was.

I'd go to the library after school on Friday, take out the max number of allowed books, head over to Amnon's (before they moved), order my slice and start reading. What was the problem?

But I guess that was weird, so OP there's your answer Smile

I disagree with Ambrose Bierce's definition of alone as "in bad company."

They probably wold have objected to the library books more than the pizza shop.

cbsp

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:53 pm
DrMom wrote:
They probably wold have objected to the library books more than the pizza shop.

Could be I was oblivious but I don't remember that being the case either.

(felt the need to defend BYBP)
(not that I wasn't called to task for infractions Hi , I just don't remember going to the library being one of them)

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:55 pm
I still feel weird doing this in the city I live in, like in a local store where I will likely meet many people. I do this all the time in other cities. It's wonderful for me to relax alone. I bring a notebook and a pen and just get to write and have all the time and quiet to myself.

I think it's a really healthy good thing to do. I go to restaurants not just pizza stores. If I'm hungry one needs to eat...no?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:28 pm
Einikel wrote:

Opposite

heidi

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:02 am
I'm too old to feel self conscious, but I must admit that I would sooner eat in my car than alone in a pizza shop or restaurant.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 1:38 am
heidi wrote:
I'm too old to feel self conscious, but I must admit that I would sooner eat in my car than alone in a pizza shop or restaurant.

Is that because you enjoy the peace and quiet of your car, or because you think others will judge or stare at you?

I don't like the food courts in shopping malls, even though the food is kosher. The acoustics of the mall are really bad, and there's usually a ton of kids running around and yelling. It's a balagan, and you can't hear yourself think. I take my food to the bus stop outside if I want to eat in peace.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics