Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many hours do u work, how much cleaning help?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

eschaya

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:38 pm
I work 36 hours a week at my main job, but have some side gigs.
1 full day of cleaning help (6-8 hours, depending on how long it takes her that day)
5 kids, 1-15
I am a neat person by nature, but my husband and kids are total slobs. It's very hard for me. So the cleaning help is amazing for the few hours after she's done, but 2 days later you can barely tell.
I wish I could have someone for fewer hours more days a week, but that's not how the cleaning people work in my area (you basically pay for the whole house)

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:16 pm
I work 24 hours a week. (9 to 3 m to t)
And have 2 full days of clenaing help about 16 hours

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:28 pm
I don't work, but have 12 hours cleaning help. I managed without help for a bit... But I was embarrassed how gross my house got and was very stressed about it. My cleaning help folds and puts away laundry and irons - that alone take 3 hours a week. 3 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living rooms,... Linen, fridge, sink. I can't even keep up it never ends. I think I also live in an area where people have such clean homes, I don't find it unusual to have tons of help. I have a newborn... But in a few weeks I hope I can cut down one less day (4 hours) and I think that's a fair number...
I find It amazing how women work so so hard with hours of working out of the house and cleaning after the kids and bathrooms.. Why is this the norm? Are the standards of living way above our means? So crazy...

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:44 pm
MnM1130 wrote:
I don't work, but have 12 hours cleaning help. I managed without help for a bit... But I was embarrassed how gross my house got and was very stressed about it. My cleaning help folds and puts away laundry and irons - that alone take 3 hours a week. 3 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living rooms,... Linen, fridge, sink. I can't even keep up it never ends. I think I also live in an area where people have such clean homes, I don't find it unusual to have tons of help. I have a newborn... But in a few weeks I hope I can cut down one less day (4 hours) and I think that's a fair number...
I find It amazing how women work so so hard with hours of working out of the house and cleaning after the kids and bathrooms.. Why is this the norm? Are the standards of living way above our means? So crazy...

My husband didn't grow up with cleaning help so he's not a fan of it and thinks of it as throwing money out the window. And I grew up with cleaning help even though my mom was a sahm and we were only 2 kids and lots of stuff got broke o disappeared over the years. I remember my mom crying for days because the cleaning lady broke a lamp that had belonged to my great grandmother and wasn't replaceable (in emotional value).
So I don't want a cleaning lady even though I kind of want one.. and even if I did want one my husband would say no. He helps around the house though. We try to make it 50/50
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics